Clutch Woes Round 2

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
I got the car back today. The dealer worked with Lee at McLeod to do the install. The tech who did the install seems to really know his stuff. The good news is I have no issues shifting the car into gear now. The bad news is I still have that noise between 1500-1750 RPM. The tech at the dealer is going to figure out the next steps with McLeod but in the meantime said to drive it. Which I'll do for now and just drive around it. (Not an acceptable longterm solution) I can also confirm that the McLeod takes care of the 1-2 shift issue. I hit second everytime on the way home today.

kdillard21

forum member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this thread by accident, so I will bring it back to life in case someone has this problem in the future.

It is caused by the unsprung hubs McCleod uses in the clutch combined with a one-piece driveshaft. I assume you have a one-piece installed although I still had it a slight NHV when I went back to the stock 2-piece driveshaft. Without the sprung hub and the heavy weight & balancers of the stock stuff, you just hear all that crazy NVH noise right at 1500rpm or so, and usually most pronounced in 4th gear when you load the engine.

It's a tradeoff for sure... The new RXT has a sprung hub though!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back