Coyote Powered FFR '33 Hot Rod Build

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
The car build is finished. My brother and I painted it in March and the final reassembly had it ready for the Spring Thaw car show on April 27th. The video at the end is some in-car from it's first road course test in early May on a very cold, wet, snowy spring day in Edmonton. Next weekend we have it on the strip for the first time. We have some autocross shakedown coming then it's ready for competition. The car is primarily aimed at ultimate streetcar events combining cruising, drag racing, road course, autocross, and judged show events with registered and insured street cars.

DSC_0914_sm-7.jpg

That's me (blue hat) and my blue '07 Whipple S197 in the background:
DSC_0889_sm-7.jpg

Last edited:

blacks197

Reaction score
Just saw your pics on FFcars as well. Good looking car. Getting close to the paint stage on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
That thing is badass!!! I love the color. That night shot is awesome!

The color is Dodge inferno red. Another night shot:

DSC_0912_sm-7.jpg

A still shot from the road course school. Freezing rain/snow made the conditions less than ideal for the first performance shakedown but driver and vehicle survived intact!

front_straight_1_sm.jpg

Matthew

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments - I have about 2000 hours in this build and am overall pretty pleased with the outcome. I have a pretty heavy on-track and car show schedule lined up for the car during Alberta's short summer and I am sure that we will post some updates as we go along.

-Matthew

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend at the drag strip with the '33 hotrod. First time out on the strip and it ran a best ET of 11:65 and pretty consistent 1.60 60's. DA was something like 4000. No issues mechanically. We got about 20 runs in. With a bit of suspension work and a custom exhaust this car has a bit more in it. Video to follow.

There were two CJ's there. This 2010 was running consistent 9:06 - 9:10 runs.

012A5558-31C6-4EF6-B776-52C95CD74EF9_zpsebwbivlu.jpg

Last edited:

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
The color is Dodge inferno red. Another night shot:

A still shot from the road course school. Freezing rain/snow made the conditions less than ideal for the first performance shakedown but driver and vehicle survived intact!

front_straight_1_sm.jpg

This build/idea is so sweet, even this pic looks bad-ass....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back