Crazy deal on an '07 GT500 in my area

ChrisDR

Reaction score
My guess is that he a legitimate wealthy business man, whom on short notice had to move to Europe.

He has enlisted the help of a friend to sell the car and doesn't mind taking a loss, so long as he can sell the car in a timely manner and to someone who will really care about it. All he needs is a 50% deposit.

Either that or he is a prince of some description and was exiled so he has no choice but to sell the car.

Sounds like a good deal to me!

ChrisDR

Reaction score
But seriously, just in case you missed the tone of my post and others, steer clear of this. If it seems too good to be true, it almost always is. This is especially true of online sales.

I would hate to see you get burned because you missed the joke.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Scammers dont do the check thing or paypal thing. They ask that you western union the money to them. If someone wants to send you a check for more then the amount and you send the rest back and keep extra for yourself its a fake check. If you used paypal you could get your money back and there would be a trace of what account number and name it was deposited into. I got a $800 money order one time from someone saying they bought an item on ebay that I never had listed on ebay. Dont know how they got my info or anything. Had no number or anything to call to get ahold of anyone just send send remainding balance of such and such back to address no ebay item number or anything. It looked fake I took it to the bank they cashed it and then called 3 days later and said it was a fake money order and took the money back out of my account. Of course I hadnt sent any money to the other person due to suspecting it was a scam

Yeah, I definetly know about the whole western union and money order stuff. I'm not even thinking about handing money over till I meet the person and see this car for myself. Only way their getting money is if I give them a check and they hand me the keys in one swoop.

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
Yeah, I definetly know about the whole western union and money order stuff. I'm not even thinking about handing money over till I meet the person and see this car for myself. Only way their getting money is if I give them a check and they hand me the keys in one swoop.

i would not even do that. i bought a truck from a guy, got a bill of sale, went to the DMV, registered it, 3 days later the cops are at my door telling me the truck was reported stolen. towed it on the spot, never got it back.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i would not even do that. i bought a truck from a guy, got a bill of sale, went to the DMV, registered it, 3 days later the cops are at my door telling me the truck was reported stolen. towed it on the spot, never got it back.

That's crazy! I take it you lost the $ and they never found the guy?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score

Wow, I can't believe that. That really sucks man, especially if the guy you bought it from ran off after that.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Someone misunderstood me. I said they arent going to tell you to send a check for more then the asking price and that they will mail you the rest. Scammers that do the check or money order thing buy an item from you and send you a fake check or money order for more then the items cost and tell you to keep some extra for yourself for the trouble and send them the rest back. not vise versa. Never buy a car unless you get the title in hand. In Indiana you cannot register a vehicle with a bill of sale. You have to have the title.

Mr.CuBaN

forum member
Reaction score
i say its fake , there a lot of people by my area doing the same crap, the other day i saw a 03 cobra for $11500

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
That's crazy! I take it you lost the $ and they never found the guy?

i knew where he lived, had phone numbers, and after getting the run a round i took him to small claims court and got about 60% back. it was one of those "good" deals.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i knew where he lived, had phone numbers, and after getting the run a round i took him to small claims court and got about 60% back. it was one of those "good" deals.

He didn't go to jail? How did it come up stolen? How about fraud?

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
There is no fucking way that's a real Shelby for that price. I just bought an '07, and I know the market very well. Run from this deal.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Yes you do know, as do I (been keeping eyes open for one as well).
Way too low to be legit.

But, send me $500 and I'll check it out and let you know :)

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
Scam!

I have seen scammers like this on autotrader as well!
I saw a gt500 once for 20K and I clicked the "contact this seller" button and a phone number came up, when I called the person had no idea what I was talking about.
I also found an extremely low mile cobra once for 10K(in Oklahoma) do I emailed the seller. I got back a LONG response and I only asked a couple of questions which were not answered in the email I received.
The next week I found another cobra, low mileage for 10k as well(in Florida) I emailed the seller and go the EXACT same email as I did for the first one word for word.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Most likely a scam, but I knew someone who bought a 2010 Z06 for $38,000 because thats what the guy owed on it and was getting a divorce and basically wanted to sell it before the wife sponged half off of him.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
If you use paypal don't use the default bank checking account transfer. Use the credit card option.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
OOOh, a Kimber! I gotta get me one of those. I've stuck with Sig because of the military discount.
Just be safe man, watch your money. People are doing anything to get a buck in these hard times. Like you always hear, if its sounds too good to be true, it is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back