Datalog help

Brad05GT

Reaction score
CD40AAB9-E9E6-4305-8B6C-0FA7369BAD23.jpeg Car feels slower or about the same after jlt series 3 intake and tune?. Is there anything you see on this that stands out

F3818500-672C-4582-9603-C2D13ECA9774.jpeg

E0F666EC-F527-438E-92A6-2394713E1AF7.jpeg

FC8DF5A1-02AE-4AFF-A1B1-DC05753DA459.jpeg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Nope.

Missing data such as AFR and knock data and your "pull" is poor at best. Needs to be through 6000 in fourth IIRC on the 5R55 auto.

Have to assume its an auto with trans temp displayed. Provide crap for info on the car setup and mods you purchased you get guesses and crap back.

Want to feel change? Put a gear in it.

Last edited:

Brad05GT

Reaction score
That’s literally all the mods jlt 3 and bama x4 tune exhaust is muffler deletes. I’ll grab a better log was alot of traffic so only got what I could

Brad05GT

Reaction score
I was thinking on gears I’m just not sure which ones to go for a 3.73 or 4.10 with the automatic just play around on the street and I want to 1:4 mile it at times

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you can post the csv file, I can open it in livelink and get a better idea than from the screenshot.too hard to tell what is doing what without being able to pick out points and play through it.

You are not the first person to have issues with a Bama tune.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I was thinking on gears I’m just not sure which ones to go for a 3.73 or 4.10 with the automatic just play around on the street and I want to 1:4 mile it at times

If you want a proper tune that you'll be happy with, contact Lito on [email protected]
You should notice a night and day difference after the JLT 3 CAI and tune but if you really want to make a dramatic difference, you'll need 4.10 axle gears plus a TCI 3000rpm stall torque converter

GriffX

Reaction score

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That’s literally all the mods jlt 3 and bama x4 tune exhaust is muffler deletes. I’ll grab a better log was alot of traffic so only got what I could

i knew you were going to say bama tunes. get a lito tune as mentioned. you may pick up a bit more and be safer and have better driving ability. a good safe tune with cai yielded me a 13.36 vice 13.85 on stock tires with a 3.55 gear and stick shift after tune and csi installed.....nothing more. saw it on the time slip more than feeling it. that was a 2005 gt 5speed btw with only cai and a canned tune done locally by the guy that now owns palm beach dyno.

but then i got drunk on forced induction some time later and have never looked back.....its is truly an addiction i highly reccomend.

Brad05GT

Reaction score
I was considering the boost route, but I hear they’re easy to blowup once you do that did you go turbo or supercharged.? I’m going to call Lito on a tune

Laga

Reaction score
I was considering the boost route, but I hear they’re easy to blowup once you do that did you go turbo or supercharged.? I’m going to call Lito on a tune
A conservative amount of boost, 5-7 pounds, a tune by Lito, with E85 preferably, and you will be very safe. But power is addictive, and you’ll always want more.

07 Boss

Reaction score

Been running 11 psi through a Whipple for 80K miles. No blow up. 460- 485 rwhp depending on timing and abused like a red headed stepchild. Shelby tune.

Brad05GT

Reaction score
This sounds like the smartest way to go about what I want so I’ll start looking around for a kit that’s in my budget. Just had a whole timing kit done along with oil pump car has 115k miles in it now

Brad05GT

Reaction score
E85 isn’t very available here in northern Arizona so the best I have fuel wise is 91 octane or clear gas 87

Juice

forum member
Reaction score

Get rid of Bama for one, and get a real tune.
My advice is: put your stock airbox back in, and get a tune from Lito. So you can than add the JLT back and see for yourself it offers no performance at all.

I have removed my JLT 2 (yes, I know, I have a coyote, not exactly apples to apples) I plain dont like how the JLT runs. And at the track, stock airbox vs jlt, no difference that I can notice or measure.

Brad05GT

Reaction score
That sucks thing was expensive. The original plain was exhaust intake tune and 100 shot of nitrous but after all this I’m not sure what way to go? I’m not looking for anything to crazy just a super fun weekend car and occasional track days

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

BLAH BLAH BLAH...to whoever told you that. I'm on my fifth FI setup. I made as much as 507 RWHP on a stock 4.6L3V block (with cams/LT's/ORmidpipe) and drove it like I own it with no issues. 3 Coyote GEN 1's as high as 575 RWHP on stock internals (OPG on current unit since its a centri setup) and 631RWHP on a Coyote GEN2. These are all 93 octane pump gas setups BTW. Never had one blow up and I drive them. I don't putt putt to car shows with them and wipe them down with a diaper all day long like they are some vintage Ferrari. They get driven and see 3 digits on the speedo when out away from traffic on open straights regularly.

Turbos are more efficient than PD or centris and can make HP on less boost since they scavenge exhaust to produce boost. Down side...More money from my personal research when you factor everything in.

You can easily achieve 430+ RWHP with a Paxton setup on 93 and no other mods. My initial setup on a Saleen 2300 blower (man that was a sweet blower to bad they don't make them any longer) made 427 RWHP in a simple Brand "B" tune on 6 psi boost and nothing else done to the car. Needless to say I felt going from about 290 RWHP (CAI and tune) to 427RWHP.

Its all about how fast you can afford to go...and how much you dare hide from your wife without her finding out.

Brad05GT

Reaction score
Lol bet. So I see the on3 turbo single and the vortec both close to the same price so one of them will be going on the car the traditional style blower I can’t touch 7k not yet atleast I’m used to turbos had a bmw twin turbo FB and compound turbo race Duramax so I’m familiar with them maybe that’s the best choice is turbo keep it low boost since I only want low 400whp

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
..... I’m familiar with them maybe that’s the best choice is turbo keep it low boost since I only want low 400whp

beefcake racing has good deals in forced induction. Great people to work with. Known the owner and done business with him on one level or another for well over 10 years. They do On3 and have some other options IIRC that they have found to have decent fitment. Large enough to get you good prices but small enough to give you good service and help.

Back