Decent sun shade for my stang

07ccdskaterv6

forum member
Reaction score
What brand or model sun shade are y'all preferring to use to preserve the dashes and keep out the heat some? Don't wanna go with a cheapy Walmart one though.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I have a truck size one just like Shotokan1509 and I got it from Walmart 6 years ago. I have a black on black car that is never garaged and the sun shade does just fine. I don't think there is a real big difference in shades. I would spend my money on window tint all the way around if you really want to preserve the interior (If you haven't already). I have two layers, 1 of 5% and 1 of 15% on my sides and rear window, quarter windows have louvers with CDC blackout shields and the entire front windshield (yes the entire thing) is 30%. I live in Oklahoma and driving a black on black car really sucks in the summer so the least I could do was cut some interior temp with tint also

Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I have a truck size one just like Shotokan1509 and I got it from Walmart 6 years ago. I have a black on black car that is never garaged and the sun shade does just fine. I don't think there is a real big difference in shades. I would spend my money on window tint all the way around if you really want to preserve the interior (If you haven't already). I have two layers 5% over 15% on my sides and rear window, quarter windows have louvers with CDC blackout shields and the entire front windshield (yes the entire thing) is 30%. I live in Oklahoma and driving a black on black car really sucks in the summer so the least I could do was cut some interior temp with tint also

Why didnt you just paint them black? :chairfall:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. One later of 5% is dark enough. Let alone 2and 15% that has to be at like 1% light transmission through.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Just realized the way I posted this sounded like I have 3 layers of tint on the sides and rear when I meant I have two layers of tint..1 being 5% and the second being 15%, not 2 layers of 5% and one layer of 15%. Sorry for the confusion haha

That's what I was thinking. One later of 5% is dark enough. Let alone 2and 15% that has to be at like 1% light transmission through.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
One pic from my album until I get updated photos added

picture.php

ShaDi

forum member
Reaction score
i have a Covercraft and would not waste my money on a cheap one that is not made for the car.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
^ I bought in May from Amazon for $49.55 shipped (blue metallic option which kind of matches my car). Not cheap, but it should fit my future Stangs too.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I have a truck size one just like Shotokan1509 and I got it from Walmart 6 years ago. I have a black on black car that is never garaged and the sun shade does just fine. I don't think there is a real big difference in shades. I would spend my money on window tint all the way around if you really want to preserve the interior (If you haven't already). I have two layers, 1 of 5% and 1 of 15% on my sides and rear window, quarter windows have louvers with CDC blackout shields and the entire front windshield (yes the entire thing) is 30%. I live in Oklahoma and driving a black on black car really sucks in the summer so the least I could do was cut some interior temp with tint also

Tinting the entire windshield is pretty stupid.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back