Detailed the Shelby today!!

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
^^For sure man gt500 is sweet for sure. yea i owned 2 black cars myself, and never gets any easier. lol, silver and gray i like both of them i have owned, but silver was great.

It be nice if could afford to have the stripes painted on, that would make it alittle easier. I used a whole roll if tape on it

sent using a crappy droidx

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Looks good. I wouldn't mind trading up to a gt500 one day.

Thanks, its definitely nice. Never thought id be able to afford one. Although i do get to pay on this thing for the next 6 years, i can only imagine what the economy is gonna be like then. Im gonna enjoy while i can though

sent using a crappy droidx

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
^^For sure. I just took my stripes off [PITA] My best friend owns a paint shop, We traded out some work, he is gonna hook me up when i can decide on what color i want to put back.:omfg:

flyfaster1

Reaction score
great looking car but really nice spread youve got in the background.. im jealous

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
great looking car but really nice spread youve got in the background.. im jealous

Dont be jealous man, im only 23 and still live with mommy and daddy, lol. Only thing they provide me is the place to live and dinner occasionally, i pay for everything else. Im rarely home anymore anyways, always at the gf's. Dad built the house, and all the other buildings you see.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Nice, if it looks that good you'll be amazed at how it will look after Seer converts you and you start spending all your money on detailing products haha

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Man don't let Seer see this thread. He'll have a heart attack because you used those cheap ass Wal Mart products! LOL Your car looks great, nice job with the detail.

expensive waxes are just the cherry on top to great prep work.

Excellent prep + cheap wax = good looking car
Horrible prep + expensive wax = crap

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So........my car falls in what category?

I can't see the car well in pictures. If it has not been polished by machine it most likely had marring and swirls in it. A decent glaze can cover this but conpounding and polishing brings out the real finish.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
I can't see the car well in pictures. If it has not been polished by machine it most likely had marring and swirls in it. A decent glaze can cover this but conpounding and polishing brings out the real finish.

I polished it with a cheapo buffer.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The one you get at advanxe

unfortunately you did not do any polishing with that, you just rubbed polish on it then wiped it off.

You'll need a device like a PC 7424 or a Flex 3401. Unless you feel comfortable with a rotary.

If you don't want to splurge on devices like that, pick up a good glaze that will fill the defects.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
unfortunately you did not do any polishing with that, you just rubbed polish on it then wiped it off.

You'll need a device like a PC 7424 or a Flex 3401. Unless you feel comfortable with a rotary.

If you don't want to splurge on devices like that, pick up a good glaze that will fill the defects.

Dammit i guess I should have picked up that binford 4000 buffer while i had the chance, lol. Yeah i knew i wasnt the best i could. But it turned out pretty good. One day ill buy the good shit

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Dammit i guess I should have picked up that binford 4000 buffer while i had the chance, lol. Yeah i knew i wasnt the best i could. But it turned out pretty good. One day ill buy the good shit

What I am saying is, you did not buff anything... you just put polish on and wiped it off. Those little orbitals from advance cannot break down the abrasives in polishes to work them into the clear coat and perfom a cut/compounding motion.

Just a heads up for the future to save yourself some trouble :D

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
What I am saying is, you did not buff anything... you just put polish on and wiped it off. Those little orbitals from advance cannot break down the abrasives in polishes to work them into the clear coat and perfom a cut/compounding motion.

Just a heads up for the future to save yourself some trouble :D

I gotcha, if i bought the porter cable, is it easy to use or if im not paying attention will burn through easy? Thanks

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I gotcha, if i bought the porter cable, is it easy to use or if im not paying attention will burn through easy? Thanks

Nah, PC is pretty safe. Has an easy learning curve. Plenty of info about the PC and the Flex in the detailing section.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back