DIY Wideband Install

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol well shit I know how you weirdafornia guys are :beerchug2:..... wtf you broke now ?

Rear shock is chirping
Entire rear suspension is clunking
I'm almost certain that the axle bushing is FUBAR
Header leak
No radio; can't finish install because everything else is broken
Hole in CAI tube (from nitrous nozzle)
Don't get me started on the paint

Yep, the car is fucked up to say the least.

Yes, I know, :hijacked:. Sorry.

Blown_Gt

Reaction score
Is it okay to weld the wideband on the end of long tubes? just before the collector?

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this, but just a quick question.

I'm putting in my wideband in the rear location of the passenger 02 sensor(I have an O/R Xpipe). On the driver side, the O2 sensor has a white sleeve. On the Passenger side, the front has a green sleeve and the rear has a white sleeve. I still just take out the rear one, right? I don't have to switch them or anything? Does it matter that the passenger O2 is higher than the drivers? Thanks.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I have a Hi Flow catted H with the rear O2 sensors turned off. Wide I be able to put the wideband sensor in the drivers side Hi Flow cat and still have a pretty accurate reading? Wouldn't this be like a sniffer on a dyno??

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can I run an Add-a-fuse to a power distribution block then each of my gauges power wire to the distribution block. Am I on the right track http://www.weisd.com/store2/PFNAS-DB4-8.php

You don't really want to do that because you woudln't have proper fuse protection to each gauge. I guess you could wire in-line fuses to each gauge, but thats a lot more trouble IMO.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I have a Hi Flow catted H with the rear O2 sensors turned off. Wide I be able to put the wideband sensor in the drivers side Hi Flow cat and still have a pretty accurate reading? Wouldn't this be like a sniffer on a dyno??
Your wide band will be sniffing cleaned exhaust and throw off your air fuel accuracy. I think the sniffers they use on the dyno subtract some to take the cats into account. so the number you are seeing is probably not the REAL a/f

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
How many amp fuse is that in the extend a fuse? Looks yellow is it a 20 amp.

I used 5 amp fuse in each add a circuit (1 for Wideband and 1 for Boost Gauge). The one fuse I tapped into was a 5 amp and the other was a 10 amp fuse. The instructions for the wideband called for a 3 amp, so I just used a 5 amp. It works perfectly.

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
Almost finished installing my wideband. Just need a good ground and I have to take my stock rear o2 out on the drivers side to put my o2 for the gauge there. I was hoping channel locks would do the trick but I wasn't so lucky. I will pick an o2 sensor tool and an electrical connector piece for my ground tomorrow and finish it up. This right up made it pretty painless.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
if you have an o/r x/h pipe you can take out the back o2 sensor and plug the wideband in where the 02 sensor was so you dont have to weld in the bung. i did it on wylds car. as long as you have a tuner to delete the rear o2s youll be fine

Good call on the O/R x pipe with the senors turned off. I have a UPR with cats, but the sensors are before the cats. I always run the tune with the O2's off. Even the SCT site says the car runs smoother with the O2's off and I could tell the day I programmed it. I put my wide-band sensor in the place of the turned off ones and unplug and put it in the car. When sniffer time comes it disconnect the wide band plug the narrow back in and go get it done. Then put everything back. Works perfect! Kind of a pain in the ass now that I am writing it out. I think I will be getting a bung that came with the kit welded on soon.:idea:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back