Do gears effect dyno #'s?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
For those that say f*** numbers, how many of you have ever looked at a thread that said "just got my whipple installed + dyno" or something of the sort to look at the numbers. Yea I agree it’s a tuning tool and who cares if your dyno run says 390 if you’re running high 11's or low 12's. For me though I’d love to be able to say I have 450 at the wheels and can run a 11.90. There are also the people that don't give 2 sh!ts about the track, but to be able to say I have 450, that’s all that matters to them. To each his own!

Some people like features, some people like benefits. Basically, that's car biz talk for how to sell a car to someone. Examples....

Feature: this car has ABS. Benefit: this car allows you full braking while steering around potential hazards without fear of locking up the tires and losing control.

Feature: this car has SYNC. Benefit: this car integrates bluetooth hands-free technology with great infotainment access for your mp3/iPod, plus current traffic and turn by turn directions without having the expensive factory navigation system.

Feature: this car has 450 rwhp. Benefit: this car has more than enough power to rip high 11 second 1/4 miles and will easily show most any Camaro, Challenger, or Import car your taillights.

So, what's really more important to you? What a car HAS (the features) or what the car DOES (the benefits)?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I agree that #'s don't mean much. I agree with all of you, but everyone looks at them. What the car can do is the most important though. You for example, you have less FI hp than a lot of people with twin screws but are doing a lot better in the 1/4. Therefor numbers don't mean everything.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back