Dog chewed up my key

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Just swapped in another new battery(2 pack) and it worked 3-4 times in a row like that. Hmmm.

That is surprising...it used to be that the transponder and the remote worked independently of each other. The transponder should not require a separate power source (battery) it has an antenna and a micro chip. The lock cylinder also has an antenna. When you put the key in the lock,the ECU sends a radio signal through the cylinder antenna. It is transmitted to the keys antenna, which excites the chip (produces a very small electrical charge to power the chip). The chip sends its code back to the ECM, and if they match then the car will start. I would be surprised if they would make the car starting dependant on the battery in the remote....otherwise you would hear of people being stranded alot because of dead batteries in their remotes. Maybe changing the battery only moved things around enough to get the transponder to work, or it has dried out enough to work now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
^ I agree that it could be a coincidence, but it has been working with it so far. Could be a short that was mentioned earlier. Just went to 2 more wal marts and both said no.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back