Driver side airbag delete

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
There used to be someone on ebay that was selling only the covers. Not sure if they are still there. I made one out of 1/8" aluminum plate, welded the tabs on the back for the screws. I tried making one out of sheet metal but it would flex to much for the horn to work properly. PA state inspection requires a functioning horn.....I can get away without airbags but the horn is deal breaker..lol. Its not the pretties thing but it works.

Lee

Parts003_zps2fd492e8.jpg

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I removed mine as well, really want one of these but I can't bring myself to pay 155 bucks just to have my steering wheel look cool.

I may cave in eventually and buy one though. I'd like to keep my interior looking somewhat stock

http://compare.ebay.com/like/181096422680?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

The driver's side bag is actually pretty light, probably only 2lbs or so, not near as heavy as the passenger bag

Last edited:

luv2cheat

forum member
Reaction score

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
PDF

Here you go. Rough draft but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Airbag Delete.pdf
    833.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

luv2cheat

forum member
Reaction score
vydegyba.jpg
6u9eza5e.jpg

Don't waste your money! Just the plastic cover no mounting hardware! I will have to fab something up to make it work. Wish I would have just gutted the OE bag.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thanks! I will be using this tomorrow!

After seeing the cover by its self, you can see what the tabs are for. The two on the sides will be what holds the unit in place. You will need to put somthing in there to make it some what solid again I recomend stirafoam. I used spray foam and it was a little messy.

Last edited:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money! Just the plastic cover no mounting hardware! I will have to fab something up to make it work. Wish I would have just gutted the OE bag.

Well shit, how does it attach in the cobrajet then, I thought it used the same steering wheel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back