eBay grille...enlighten me

RideThePony14

Reaction score
looks great! you guys are really making it hard for me to keep the rim fund going. I'll definitely be doing this when the funds allow.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Another picture of the grille installed.
gune7ube.jpg

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
Awesome man!! It looks great. This is probably my favorite grille for the 05-09's. Sad that it's super cheap and from ebay.. and wasn't even made to fit our bumpers to begin with lmao.

Is yours painted gloss black? I think I'm going to give mine a matte finish on the horizontal bars. From some angles (from the side) it sometimes looks chrome from the gloss finish reflecting off stuff.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man! My grille is not painted gloss black. It is all unpainted plastic. I am still amazed at how nice the grille is for a $64 ebay special.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is matte finish also, I ordered from the same seller as Chris did, but I kinda like the matte finish, as my mustang is dipped. This is not installed just resting on the bumper. I am going to redid my car first

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Im kinda confused....why not just buy a grill for the GT, there are plenty on ebay.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Im kinda confused....why not just buy a grill for the GT, there are plenty on ebay.
Most all of the GT billitt grilles are overlays. This grille is a full replacement.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i picked up a billet from AM, its not an overlay

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
bullit =/= billet, difference

isthatguy and pardue both talking of billet style

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
i picked up a billet from AM, its not an overlay

It's not an overlay but it does not have the full surround like the stock grille. If I am not mistaken the AM grille you have is a replica of the Roush grille and it uses brackets to install. The grille discussed in this thread has a full plastic surround just like the stock grille. It's also cheap, so that is always a plus and hardly anyone has one on the GT. :thumb2:

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
With chrome door trim

Awhh yea, nice!! I haven't checked this thread in a while. Excellent work!! This setup looks so clean.

I wish mine was matte finished now too. I still need to paint the slats flat black. The gloss picks up too many reflections and makes it look chrome in some light. Ick. Still loving it though. I get tons of compliments and questions on it at shows.

I like this one so much because it's "inset"... it reminds me a lot of the Steve McQueen look. All the other billet grilles made for the GT are just flush with the headlights.

Last edited:

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
I may have missed it somewhere but has anyone came up with a lower grille or a modification to the current one to look better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back