ECM info

dimitrik8890

CHECK CHECK
Reaction score
Was told by ford that I needed to replace my ECM. Wondering if someone could provide helpful information as a guideline to buying a Used one. I don't want to pay the 800+ to ford for a new one. Any advice?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u price it at Tousley Ford?
Keep them in mind if u can't find used.

dimitrik8890

CHECK CHECK
Reaction score
Ok thanks. That will be my route if I choose to go new. Still searching for used. Does anyone think this will be hard to find because of ford having so many computer codes?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It will be harder to match the strategy code. U can get ur tune updated for strategy code if u can't match it.

ReMustang05

forum member
Reaction score
I bought mine used for my motor swap from a salvage yard using Car-Part.com. Paid $110 shipped.

dimitrik8890

CHECK CHECK
Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this correctly. I can install any ecu with any code I just have to have my tuner "Bama" redo it with the correct code. Which is the code on the sticker. Also want to ask, the tech was saying something about not being able to read fuel data, is it possible that my car was misdiagnosed and I may have an issue with my fpdm?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this correctly. I can install any ecu with any code I just have to have my tuner "Bama" redo it with the correct code. Which is the code on the sticker.

That is how I understand it.

dimitrik8890

CHECK CHECK
Reaction score
Need some help guys. Bought an ecm from da bad 1. My car is An 07 gt manual. Dabad1 states the ecm is out of an 06 gt manual. Ford is telling me that his ECM isn't communicating. Did I make a mistake with this purchase?? Is ford doing something wrong?? So lost.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
No, what is wrong is that Ford has not told you a 06 pcm won't work on a 07 harness or that a 07 calibration won't work on a 06 board, you need a PCM from 07-09.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back