Enkei RPF1

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Not real interested in lowering it other than maybe the roush springs for the rear some day. I drive the car a lot and our roads are pretty terrible here in MT.

http://tinypic.com/r/ofghj/6

I really hope the centercaps fit. I don't want to have to deal with sanding and painting the ends on the rear axles.

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
I can ensure you the roads are worst in Arkansas. My last car was dumped on tein coil overs with rpf1s and if the roads are too bad to lower your car I can promise you within a couple of months you'll bend those wheels, I dodge potholes whenever I can and still bent two of mine on the inside lips. You won't notice til you go to rotate your wheels or in your case pull them off for whatever reason. Light weight wheels andhigh offsets do not like bumps in the road.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Do you guys even get snow in Arkansas? I'm sure they are bad but man... The snow and the bitter winters combined with the ridiculous summer heat here absolutely wreck roads.

Regardless if I bend a wheel once bitten twice shy. Not gonna happen a second time.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
*bump*

Got centercaps on. Took these in the garage. Might take a few tonight when I go out and test my driveshaft out.

v81k7m.jpg

29f6ufm.jpg

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I think it looks sick man!!

Can you get some shots going directly down the side so i can see how they sit in correlation to the fenders?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Enough light this time? I hauled ass out there after work to get better pictures. lol

xo1400.jpg

2hg5vte.jpg

a2evs3.jpg

25rpekg.jpg

32zm9fn.jpg

9h15de.jpg

WarFords

forum member
Reaction score
I can't believe you were in my part of town and didn't stop by! Car looks sweet! But... that thing would look even better lowered a little! I have been driving mustangs on these streets for 15 years now and all of them have been lowered and I have not ran into one issue as long as I was smart about where I was driving. LOWER IT BABY! :) I took the turbo car out for some fun tonight!

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I'm considering lowering the rear with the Roush springs to match the front better. Don't really want to go much lower than that. Profab quoted me like $100 for it. Not bad. Wes is pretty good and he has great rates. Makes it almost hard to justify working on my car myself. ;)

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
We get snow but it only last for a few days. Ice is what we mainly get hit with, and floods in my area. We actually had one of the worst snow storms in years this past winter Thats why you just keep a little beater around for the bad weather

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I really would love to see your car lowered, I've been driving lowered / slammed cars for a longggg time. A mild drop would be nothing to worry about man :)

I'd get something that drops your car around 1 to 1.5 all around. Just my opionion.

Also, hate to keep asking for more, but can I get some more shots down the side and from top?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I'll try to get some more pictures over the weekend. Probably going out for a drive on Saturday if it's nice out. What is it you mean about taking a picture "from the top"? Just want to get that right the first time. ;)

I've had 3 people so far tell me how I should lower the car. I honestly have reservations about that. Here's my reasoning as to why.

My car is not a garage queen that sees 1000 miles a year. It gets 4-6000 and it's on some of the worst roads anywhere. CA roads are 10x better than ours. We have bumpy uneven pavement everywhere you go. Manhole covers all over the place. Train tracks. And of course, the obligatory speed bumps in lots which I really don't want to have to avoid all the time.

If I lower the car one thing leads to another. It's not as simple as throw a few hundred into springs to do it the right way. If pinion angle is off then I'd need to fix that. I'd probably end up having to get relocation brackets welded in too.

I haven't decided 100% that I'll never, ever do it. But I'm not real thrilled about it.

Reaction score
I like it. Wouldnt look too great on my car, but on a base looking GT its real clean and road race looking.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back