Far Cry 3: ERMAHGERD!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
250px-Far_Cry_3_PAL_box_art.jpg

Jetskis, Hang gliders, Open World Gameplay, Epic Shenanigans, Tigers, Bears, Flamethrowers, Dude-bros, Gun fights, Explosives, Sharks, Pirates, F-bombs, Epic Scenery, Hunting, Stealth!

This game is simply everything I could need in a game.

Imagine the best elements of GTA/COD/Adventure Island/MGS/Splinter Cell/Skyrim being combined into one game, set on a tropical island where you and your dude bros were mistakenly vacationing.

I'll also say, I've never played a Far Cry game before this one, and my understanding is that there is no connection between the games. There are no holes in the story if you are unfamiliar with the series.

I've got maybe 7 hours into the game, and I already have some epic shenanigans to share!

That's the best part of this game! I figure this thread would be a great thread to bring awareness to the game and share our stories of what we've encountered in this crazy game.

----

Today, I was out hunting buffalo in order to build an upgraded ammo pouch to carry more rounds. These buffalo are no joke, and take several clips of SMG or AR rounds before putting them down. I needed two buffalo hides, so after killing the first one, I was low on ammo. I tried hucking some grenades towards the 2nd buffalo but he outsmarted me everytime. I am chasing him down, when all of the sudden I see 2 pirates up the road coming my way. I back off just a bit to plan my attack, and a fucking tiger jumps out of the jungle and kills the buffalo right in front of the 2 pirates. They go apeshit trying to kill the tiger, but he quickly ate both those poor bastards. I wait until I think the coast is clear to steal the buffalo hide and loot the bodies of the pirates, and the damn tiger jumped right back out and got my ass! I shot the rest of my ammo while running backwards trying to escape from the tiger. I ran out of ammo, and tried finishing him off with a few swings of my machete! Bad idea! Lost that battle immediately! Lesson learned, even when hunting slow and stupid buffalo, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that damn tiger!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Ha that sounds fun! I played far cry 1 back in the day on pc and remember it was bad ass! This might be my next game if I ever finish bat man...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That looks sweet might pick it up! (I am still messing with uncharted 3 and most wanted lol)

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm going to have to get this. I STILL have my original Far Cry 1 disks and activation code. Loved that game, but didn't think much of Far Cry 2 and have no idea where the disks are for that one.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Wish the co-op was better. Like the game, but I stray away too easy single player. They should have made the co-op simply the single player game, but with added enemies.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My local Blockbuster didn't have it. And Gamefly did that stupid shit where they send you a game way down the list in your queue instead of the top 1 or 2. Now I remember why I cancelled that subscription twice now.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
any updates from people who have this game? I am looking to get a single player game and was thinking about this or assassins creed III. I may just get batman or skyrim again though.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Assassins creed 3 is badass too! But id rent it, kind of short. But far cry 3 is a blast!

Sent from the bahamas..

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I'll probably pick this up after I finish Borderlands 2. I played FarCry 1 on my first laptop! I think I still have it somewhere.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
any updates from people who have this game? I am looking to get a single player game and was thinking about this or assassins creed III. I may just get batman or skyrim again though.

Buy Far Cry 3 and report back after 4 hours of gameplay.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've never played a Far Cry game before, but I've already spent 2 hours on Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360. This game effin' owns. I don't think I've had this much fun playing a video game in years.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to try to hold off, but after reading everything that I have this game seems too great to pass up, i'll probably pick it up tomorrow

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've never played a Far Cry game before, but I've already spent 2 hours on Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360. This game effin' owns. I don't think I've had this much fun playing a video game in years.

QFTMFT!

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate the Komodo dragons that seem to come out of nowhere and start eating your legs! The first time it happened was at night and I was slowly creeping up on a few pirates. My character started to get attacked and I didn't know wtf by. haha

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate the Komodo dragons that seem to come out of nowhere and start eating your legs! The first time it happened was at night and I was slowly creeping up on a few pirates. My character started to get attacked and I didn't know wtf by. haha

Silenced smg will make quick work of the komodos.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back