Fays Watts link

Forward Performance

Reaction score
Forward Performance is going to be carrying the new Fays Watt link system for the S197 Mustang. Here are some info:

wattsfrontview.jpg

The F2S Watts Link uses 3/4 inch, 22,000 lb. static radial load, molly rod ends with PTFE liners and anodized 1.125 aluminum arms. The propeller is machined from billet aluminum with two 3/4 inch center bearings and is mounted on a .125 steel framework. Both the spring perch/Watts arm mounting plate and the axle mount are constructed of 1/8 and 1/4 inch steel. All hardware is machine grade, grade 5 and grade 8. The F2S Watts Link requires drilling on some applications and (NO DRILLING IS REQUIRED ON THE S197 Mustang and Gen 3 and 4 F-Body APPLICATIONS) but no welding and can be installed on cars with standard or staggered shocks and fits all axle housing diameters. Installation can be completed by the average enthusiast in four to six hours. Most over-the-axle dual exhaust systems will need to be modified to fit (NO MODIFICATIONS TO FACTORY EXHAUST REQUIRED ON THE FOX, SN195, S197 and Gen 3 and 4 F-BODY APPLICATIONS). Finally, a true watts link that fits, requires no welding and makes a serious difference in how your Mustang chassis deals with cornering and braking loads. Because the F2S Watts Link will make a dramatic difference in the control and feel of your car, it is perfect for street cars, track day cars and all out racers.

For the First five people that commit to buy will receive the kits at a discounted price. PM me for details

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd be all over this if I didn't already have a watts link.

bitethebullitt

Reaction score
i have the fays2 watts link and imho this is one of the best suspension mods you can make.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Is this any different than previous models? I haven't researched them enough to know the difference.

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
I disagree with that. I've had the Fays2 setup on my car for about 2 years and haven't noticed any noise out of it.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't say about anything other then the steeda but it is more noisy then the the panhard bar was, but not bad.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It'll help in both cases but it certainly will be felt the first time you take a corner at speed.

I have a Fays2 watt's link on my '06 and it's pretty silent and totally worth it for the money.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Forward Performance is going to be carrying the new Fays Watt link system for the S197 Mustang. Here are some info:

wattsfrontview.jpg

The F2S Watts Link uses 3/4 inch, 22,000 lb. static radial load, molly rod ends with PTFE liners and anodized 1.125 aluminum arms. The propeller is machined from billet aluminum with two 3/4 inch center bearings and is mounted on a .125 steel framework. Both the spring perch/Watts arm mounting plate and the axle mount are constructed of 1/8 and 1/4 inch steel. All hardware is machine grade, grade 5 and grade 8. The F2S Watts Link requires drilling on some applications and (NO DRILLING IS REQUIRED ON THE S197 Mustang and Gen 3 and 4 F-Body APPLICATIONS) but no welding and can be installed on cars with standard or staggered shocks and fits all axle housing diameters. Installation can be completed by the average enthusiast in four to six hours. Most over-the-axle dual exhaust systems will need to be modified to fit (NO MODIFICATIONS TO FACTORY EXHAUST REQUIRED ON THE FOX, SN195, S197 and Gen 3 and 4 F-BODY APPLICATIONS). Finally, a true watts link that fits, requires no welding and makes a serious difference in how your Mustang chassis deals with cornering and braking loads. Because the F2S Watts Link will make a dramatic difference in the control and feel of your car, it is perfect for street cars, track day cars and all out racers.

For the First five people that commit to buy will receive the kits at a discounted price. PM me for details

I am interested in the Fays2. please send me a Pm in the discount price. Thanks

Racer X

forum member
Reaction score
I disagree with that. I've had the Fays2 setup on my car for about 2 years and haven't noticed any noise out of it.
+1 Mine does'nt have any noise either. Great piece, plus Jim Fays will answer any questions you have about it, super nice guy.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
+1

No noise with mine either - works great. Terrific product for those that play on the road courses! Thanks Jim.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back