Finally starting my full build

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Sorry about the long delay in posting any progress on the car. Between being on the road for work and some family issues before the holidays finding the time to even look at the car has been difficult. However tonight I finished removing the last of the undercoat from the car. The last stage of that project is to wipe down the underside of the body shell with mineral spirits to clean off any remaining residue and prep it for paint. Then I'll continue removing the sound deadener striping in the interior. Before going any further than that I will weigh the completely striped body shell so I can give a baseline weight for the car.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Good luck with the build. I'm looking forward to your updates as you continue to make progress and post more photos. Sounds like a great project! I wish I had the time, resources and experience to "dive in" with such work.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestion for seam sealer on these cars? I've kinda removed about 95 percent of the sealer underneath when taking off the undercoat so I figured I probably should reseal it underneath.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Finally got some work in on the car. Got my self sealing, self levelling primer and paint onto the underside of the car. The rear bumper, side skirts and other pieces are off the car. It's just about time to start reassembly.

Can anyone tell me what tool I need for removing wires from the main connectors in the harness?

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I see I have a couple spots to touch up tomorrow looking at the pictures. So after I've done that I'll be cleaning up the BMR K-member the installing it, the putting the control arms, spindles and coil overs back in up front. Then once I've got the rear wheel wells finished it'll be paint them and then put some of the rear suspension back so it can be a roller to ship it over to our other shop to weld in the subframe connectors then over to my buddies for paint and body work before making its way home for one last tear down before final assembly.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have had a set of BMRs boxed HD connectors for about a year so I will be putting those in

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had a set of BMRs boxed HD connectors for about a year so I will be putting those in

Just wondering. Same ones I have, just picked them up after Xmas. I am going in for hip surgery next week so it will likely be a few months before they are installed. Since yours will be going on first, it would be appreciated if you would post lots of pictures.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Today I went up and started getting the car mobile as a roller so it can be loaded to go for paint and body work. Installed the BMR K-member, control arms, spindles and coilovers up front then installed the upper control arm mount, the upper arm, lower arms and diff. Now once I pick up spare wheels I can set it back on the ground and load it

Camera died before I could grab pictures of the rearend installed
Once it's at the other shop it'll be having the suspension pulled again and it'll be put on pipe stands. Hope to have it down there before the weeks over

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Very cool build. Look forward to watching this progress.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps I missed it but what are you going to use to control the 6r80? Are you going full coyote conversion?

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Yes I'm going twin turbocharged coyote with the 6R80

Back