First time Mustang owner, in Oklahoma

LastV8

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I purchased a 2012 GT about a month ago. I had to drive about 300 miles to find the one I wanted, but I'm pretty happy with it.

It's a black Premium with Brembo brakes, and otherwise it's stock. Well, except for some 18x9.5 garrishly chrome rims that belong on an 04 and stick out too much.

I've previously owned a 1984 Toyota Supra, 1992 Toyota MR2 (still rebuilding the engine in it) and a 1990 Nissan 240SX that I made into a Mad Max-style ride. This was pre-Fury Road, so you can imagine how I've always been a fan of the movies. I had to sell it off an get a 4-door once I had a kid, and I just recently traded in my 2009 Infiniti G37x for the Mustang. The Infiniti was pretty nice, but it wasn't the driver's car I was looking for. Now that my son is a bit older, the back seat of the Mustang is more than adequate for his car seat and I can have fun again!

I tried to get excited about the FT-86, but I just couldn't. There really weren't any exciting cars out other than the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger reboots. I decided to go with the 2012 GT because I wanted to drive a live-axle set up, and finally try out a V8 before everything goes to electric, self-driving robots.

So far, I really enjoy it! It feels really great to run it through the gears. There's a lot of power, and it looks great. The only real downside is the suspension. It's so soft and springy that I can't let it stay that way.

New wheels, exhaust, coilovers, and roto-joint panhard bar are in the mail. That should firm everything up and make it quite a fun commute.

So, this post is pretty worthless without pics. They're just as it sits in my driveway, and what I'll call "before" shots.

eaOrr0C.jpg

UI3qcLT.jpg

Dustin@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts, and needs!
https://lmr.com/2010-14-Mustang

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back