Ford Finned differential cover worth it?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
We got one for my buddies 07 and went to Ace and bought a pack of Allen head bolts for 15 dollars. Much nicer than the is OEM style bolts......and still $50 cheaper than the eBay kit. Well worth the trouble.

RH

Yes you are right. I requested a shipping quote from Tousley. And APR actually sell stainless bolts for the rear end for $25 shipped!

Great !!!!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are autocrossing or road racing, your diff fluid gets very hot, and the fins help dissipate the heat. If you're drag racing, the pre-load screws are more usefull.

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
The t/a performance cover is very nice. I just have a j&m panhard and it barely clears. The load bolts help, but they leaked on mine. Just backed em out and got some rtv on em did the trick.

Supposedly t/a makes the ford racing covers also

Mattamus

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Finned cover. Stock cover was leaking and I figured I might as well put a better looking cover back on. I am just a street driver so I didn't need it but I like the appearance.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
About 10 degrees. It is a marginal upgrade for those who track their cars, but worthless on the street except to look pretty. The biggest benefit for road racers with this cover is the ability to add an external cooler and a temp sensor.

2013TrackPack2.jpg

Lol.. 10 WHOLE degrees? Damn.. sign me up :poke:

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
haha yeah. No shit, a must have mod because 10 degrees could mean the difference between burning the clutch pack and.. well, if you're that hot its gonna happen anyway.

The 104 degree drop from the cooler and pump though... Strange we haven't heard much about people adding this to their cars.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
haha yeah. No shit, a must have mod because 10 degrees could mean the difference between burning the clutch pack and.. well, if you're that hot its gonna happen anyway.

The 104 degree drop from the cooler and pump though... Strange we haven't heard much about people adding this to their cars.

I'd like to know if anyone has a part # and price for the diff cooler.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score

Yes now this may actually get you somewhere

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I'd like to know if anyone has a part # and price for the diff cooler.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

I spent about an hour last night looking for it. Its not on Fordparts.com. Not in any logical location anyway... I haven't seen any threads here or on SVT performance about it since it was announced. The issues I've seen with it is that the SVT diff cooler is controlled by the ECU.

You'd be better off just piecing one together yourself. If you've got the cover already you can build one for about 800 dollars. Thats using a Setrab cooler, Genesis pump with Viton O-rings, -8 AN lines, SPAL fans, inline filter and a thermal switch.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back