Ford race at MIR (maryland int'l raceway) 10/16-10/17 who's going besides me

spyder7724

Reaction score
doing this as just a reminder i guess to the local guys or east coast racers. 3 day event this year T&T on friday and races on sat and sun.

Mine is loaded in pop's trailer and ready to go (sunday only for me). guess i'm running street eliminator unless there's a gazillion cars then i switch to the pro driver foot brake class. i won this race a few years ago and had to go 7 rounds. so if there's less cars i'll try my luck again against the big tire guys cause the car count for them is lower and it pays more usually ($1000 win vs. $500 win)

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
Im going. Undecided whether to run street performer, modular or stick et.

We are leaving early Saturday morning and will be staying through until Sunday.

I cant wait to meet you and check out the 5.4 conversion!

spyder7724

Reaction score
Im going. Undecided whether to run street performer, modular or stick et.

We are leaving early Saturday morning and will be staying through until Sunday.

I cant wait to meet you and check out the 5.4 conversion!
cool. i'mstaying with the full tree bracket stuff...my auto car just isn't setup for the pro tree stuff....neither am i :beerdrink:

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
im goin friday for test and tune. cant do sat or sun though. a friend of mine with his yellow 2006 v6 auto is goin too. his car is actually quick for a v6. runs 9.50s in the 1/8th. we are anxious to see what we both do in the 1320.

if you see us say hey. his is yellow and looks exactly like a gt (fogs, front bumper, rockers, rear bumper, wheels) and hes also got a black chin spoiler, gt500 spoiler, and black decklid. mine is a black 2010 gt with black wheels, chin, gt500 spoiler, gt500 diffuser, saleen decklid, tinted tails.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Re: Ford race at MIR (maryland int'l raceway) this weekend who's going besides me

I might be going tonight not sure yet

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
ill be going on sunday, look out for my silver gt with CDC black front lip, CDC grille and shelby wheels/tires, spoiler delete.
not racing but will def be there.

spyder7724

Reaction score
see ya there in the am... had to go to a funeral today ....looks like the wind will be less severe sunday and temps like 70degrees

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cross winds at Mason Dixon made for tricky driving today! Ron, I was going on Sunday but I've decided to visit my Dad in Annapolis instead. I'm definately spending 1-2 days in MIR for the World Cup over my birthday weekend!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also had a good time, great bunch of cars running. +1 on Daddy Warbucks that is quite a ride. I wish I could go again today to see the eliminations. I would love to see if Mustang Mike could ever get that beast to make a full pass. For the guy's that don't know the car he is running a fox body with dual gear driven ProChargers on a Mountain motor.

Earl

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
I had a good, time. I blew the rear on Sat. Got back on Sunday and made a few passes. I love being at all ford events. My wife took a ton of pics, I'll post up soon.

Attachments

• gear111.jpg
    gear111.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 15
  • gear210.jpg
    gear210.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

spyder7724

Reaction score
crappy day for me. had a wasted time run due to some "issues" with the track. I got lucky first round but never had a chance to get dialed in on the tree which meant I got totally drilled second round. Again though my car ran dead on.
i just had an off day from the beginning...only getting one time run for us bracket cars and starting eliminations early didn't help matters...but yes they had plenty of time for f'ing buy backs in every class ... as well as opening up lanes during eliminations for time runs..oh yeah did i forget the hour and a half wasted on a wheelie contest with 2 cars and a bar stool....sorry but that one extra time run would have changed my whole day.
I'll feel better tomorrow. I just really hate losing early.
Now it's time to concentrate on resetting the NA record a bit lower :)
I think i've got some 10.70's in it as long as i can get some of that mineshaft air we get here in the fall. haven't gotten to run this combo in really good weather yet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back