FS: Strano adjustable front sway bar endlinks for 2005+ Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
SOLD!

Used for less than 2K miles. In great condition and rod ends are still tight. Took them off the car because the new setup requires shorter endlinks. Fits 2005 - 2014 S197 Mustang. $75 local in DFW area or $80 shipped CONUS.

DSCN1602_zpszyzlhrcc.jpeg

DSCN1604_zpsqbzm9svk.jpeg

Last edited:

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Interested. How was NVH with these? Just lowered my front end a few months back and not real happy with how loose the steering wheel feels - did these tighten up the steering compared to the stock end links or would replacing the end links while using the stock sway bar be a waste of time?

Thanks,
Austin

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
I should probably add the vehicle is 2009 GT coupe with the FRPP adjustable shocks/struts all around.

Austin

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
No change to NVH at all. But if your OEM end links are worn out and rattling, these end links will definitely REDUCE NVH. :)

I don't think you are going to notice any change in steering feel unless your end links are falling apart and have serious slops. Primary advantage for adjustable end links is to remove pre-load on your sway bar (OEM or aftermarket).

If you lives in the snow belt, I probably wouldn't use these (or any suspension parts with rod ends) on a car that will see salt and wintery mix. Salt and rod ends simply do not go well together.

Francis

Last edited:

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
I actually live in Austin, TX and my stang isn't my DD so the winters shouldn't be a problem.

Are these still real tight in the ball joints or has the 2000miles opened them up a bit? Aside from salt - what is the mileage expentantcy for the joints on this type of end link?

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
The rod ends do not move unless you twist them firmly, so they are still pretty tight. Going from memory, they are probably moving more smoothly now then when they first came out of the box. But they were so tight when brand new, they are practically sticking.

Service life for rod ends depends on driving condition and regular maintenance. Make sure they are not covered in dirt/grit, and wipe them down with teflon spray every time the wheels come off the car will definitely keep them going a long way.

I think Norm Peterson has these on his car for at least a couple of years and they are still going strong. Personally, I expects them to last at least 15-20K miles before they loosen up enough to make noise. At that time, it's just a matter of replacing the rod ends.

Francis

Last edited:

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Well the grease/dust boots on mine are absolutely wasted on both connection points of both end links - worth a shot.

I'll take them - will PM in the morning

Thanks!
Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back