Go Big or GO HOME !

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is some awesome stuff Pete! Now your making me think about what I should do next. I thought I was happy with my setup but now your pushing me to go bigger lol Did you ever get the cage done?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Oh thank god, looks like your good to go now Pete with his approval!

Wow this statement isnt even worth the post these words are typed on.

Pete good luck! Thats gonna be a killer setup! I want before and after dyno graphs :)

What are the specs on that turbo compared to the one you have now?

Take a look for yourself. Here's the compressor map for the new turbo. Although without knowing the exact model number of his old turbo its hard to make a direct comparison.

gtx4202r_comp.JPG

Pete, from the looks of it you you will be pretty close to your mark. Looking at the compressor map shows the turbo flows close to 110 lbs/min. As a "general rule" multiply the lbs/min times 10 to give an approximation of power. I say general rule because the multiplier depends on the efficiency of the engine. So 1100HP (crank HP) looks to be close to the limit of that turbo although you won't be in an optimum efficiency range. Keep us posted with the results.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It never ends right Pete? LOL
Im going to be doing the fuel system very soon. Going with a eliminator pump and cell. Undecided with injectors yet, and probably going E85.

Right after the fuel system goes on, then we will be doing the 88mm.
I heard turbonetics has a billet wheel upgrade that looks good too. I might give that a try instead, since hearing great things about these. I know that with the 88mm, a lot has to be changed. Especially the converter, to get that thing spooled up.

I thing where we want to go, we have to step up to the mid frames.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Take a look for yourself. Here's the compressor map for the new turbo. Although without knowing the exact model number of his old turbo its hard to make a direct comparison.

gtx4202r_comp.JPG

Pete, from the looks of it you you will be pretty close to your mark. Looking at the compressor map shows the turbo flows close to 110 lbs/min. As a "general rule" multiply the lbs/min times 10 to give an approximation of power. I say general rule because the multiplier depends on the efficiency of the engine. So 1100HP (crank HP) looks to be close to the limit of that turbo although you won't be in an optimum efficiency range. Keep us posted with the results.

I have another Turbo in mind but need to keep it to myself for now. Just waiting to here back from them before I annouce it .
The Garrett is rated to 1150 to 1200 , this other Turbo Im looking at Ive been very interested in is rated for 1350 .
Still a T4 but will need to go 3.5 or 4" on the downpipe . Im also going to go to a .96 or 1.0on the A/R housing.

It never ends right Pete? LOL
Im going to be doing the fuel system very soon. Going with a eliminator pump and cell. Undecided with injectors yet, and probably going E85.

Right after the fuel system goes on, then we will be doing the 88mm.
I heard turbonetics has a billet wheel upgrade that looks good too. I might give that a try instead, since hearing great things about these. I know that with the 88mm, a lot has to be changed. Especially the converter, to get that thing spooled up.

I thing where we want to go, we have to step up to the mid frames.

Hahahahaha , yeup and just to think when I bought this car my friends said " What are you going to do to it " I replied "nothing just gears exhaust and rims" Ya RIGHT.

And a bigger downpipe.

This is true , I can go 3.5 and it will work fine , 4" may be a problem getting it to fit in there , but If I have the room I'll do it.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
i thought you said you were looking at the 1300hp one, defintly post some pictures of the surge tank when it starts coming together. Defintely gonna have to check into those fuel lab pumps, was gonna do the triple walbros but seeing how you maxed them i will look into a big single lol

good luck

Did you ever max the id1000's or just pumps?

Sorry I missed this post ,

I haven't maxed the injectors just the pumps. I could run a higher base pressure with the ID's and they flow like a 1100 or 1200 but my pumps wont flow at that pressure . Besides the Walbro's are going bad because of the E85.

In order to give myself more room and keep things simple the bestthing to do is go with the Aeromotive 340s in my Triple pump Hat or get these new 300lph Deatschwerks pumps and they also should fit in the Fore Hat. These pumps are 100% Ethanol compatible and the flow up to 90 psi's of pressure . Since Im going to 1600cc injectors I can bring down the base pressure to like 40 to 43, and even at 30 psi's of boost I will have plenty of room .

Good luck with the upgrades and i hope you achieve your goals . That sounds like quite the little turbo you got there . If it is comparible to the billet 76 , you should hit your e.t. expectations . We ran ours to a best of 9.35 @ 148.xx mph with out even leaning on it very hard . Great to see you turning it up another notch. what are you going to run for a intercooler ?

From what my Buddy Damian at TD Autowerks tells me the GTX will make a little more then the GTS Billet 76 . With better spool better mid range.
I might be going a different route though , with a even bigger Turbo .
Just waiting to here back if it can be done . If not Im getting the GTX.

Im using a 31x 12 x 4' Air to Air , My Inlet temps are around 154*

Pete

Last edited:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
How do you make that much power stick on the streets?

Suspension , Suspension , Suspension .
My Steeda Adjustable Coil overs work awesome , I cut 1.39 , 1.40 all the time on 325/50/15 DRs at the track .

On the street you cant hook with 800 plus ftlbs of torque.

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Boost controller.

Gota turn it down lol

Even my drag radials can be overwhelmed at 12psi on the street.

Yeup I have mine set at 14 on the street and it still breaks my 325/50/15 DRs loose when the boost hits.

Pete

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I am surprised no one is running gear regulated boost controls.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Why? These aren't 4 bangers. Really no gain to be had.

Alot of big power RWD cars run similar setups like some of the TT Ford GT's and the Venom 1000s come standard with the system limiting boost progressively in gears 1 to 3. Its mainly used on big power cars , who uses the system on a 4 cylinder?

Unless you have traction issue's its not needed.

Pete

I wasn't talking about on the drag strip, no need for it in a car that 60 foots as well as yours...I am mainly talking about on the street.

03Glock

EX New Edge
Reaction score
Damn Pete... You are going to be flying. Good luck with it. Let me know when you will be going to the track.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
This is true , I can go 3.5 and it will work fine , 4" may be a problem getting it to fit in there , but If I have the room I'll do it.
I ran my downpipe similar to how yours is run now and mine is 3.5" and fits without issue. I think a 4" would fit without any issues as long as skinnies are on the front, but I don't know if the tires would rub with normal street tires and 8"+ wide wheels.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I ran my downpipe similar to how yours is run now and mine is 3.5" and fits without issue. I think a 4" would fit without any issues as long as skinnies are on the front, but I don't know if the tires would rub with normal street tires and 8"+ wide wheels.

Very true , I run Skinnies all the time on the street . I think if I go with a 8" front it will rub . A 3.5 I think will work better and really wouldn't be much of a difference.

Pete

I wasn't talking about on the drag strip, no need for it in a car that 60 foots as well as yours...I am mainly talking about on the street.

I had a AMS1000 brand new in the box which I was going to use but like you said my 60fts are good so I sold it because I dont need it right now.
Im sure if the car makes 1000 and I have problems leaving the line I'll have to get one again.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back