Golfers?

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used to play until I found out how much fun it is just riding around in the cart drinking beer, then it got where the cart girls had liqour and that was it for me........I was hooked and still play to this day:bigbeer::bigbeer::bigbeer:

Last edited:

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awww yeah!

Teeing it up the in morning, the forecast is GREAT except for there will be quite a bit of wind. No biggie, though, just gonna have to shape some shots...

Gotta say, I'm hitting the ball really well for this early in the season. Worked hard all winter, and now it's starting to pay off in results. I'm hoping to qualify for the TN State Open in May.

I'm going to get some new video to update my swing changes over the winter, but can't find my damn charger for the camera! :angry1:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Any of you guys know of a good driver that isn't doesn't cost an arm and a nut? I'm looking to get my little brother something for his birthday coming up, and he's getting me into golf as well! haha. Any input here would be cool, I suck at golf, but at the driving range.... shiiiiiiiiiiit. I own that place. haha.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
The Burner is red also, he is talking about the Callaway Diabolo but you will not get that for the Taylormade price.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=12905

If it were me buying I would spend the extra and get the Callaway but the Taylormade is a very good price for a quality club.

Earl

Oh damn... You are most definitely right there! double in price.. Well, I have five days to decide this, but whatever I end up getting I'll put up pics and I hope he likes it. lol. Thanks for the help Earl! :beerchug2:

And Alan for starting this thread. haha.

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And Alan for starting this thread. haha.

No problem! I'm wild about the game.

Mid-season is approaching here. Summertime golf in Memphis can be brutal, with really high heat and humidity. I often find myself beginning to struggle or lose focus @ the 14th hole or so, with the weather as it is now. Leaving the course, your clothes look as though you just got out of a swimming pool. You can drink 10 bottles of water during your round, yet never require a restroom. Hmmm... :omfg:

But the heat doesn't stop me from me playing. My back likes it! :clap:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know Alan I'm a fat old man, I sweat when it's 70 out. This time of the year I play very early in the morning. Did you ever get your swing moving to the left side the way you wanted?

Earl

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am working on a pause at the top...I am striking the ball better than ever. 78, 83, 81, last 3 rounds (from the blues):beerchug2:

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get your swing moving to the left side the way you wanted?

Yes, I sure did! :clap:

I pretty much rebuilt my swing completely over the past few months. It's taking some getting used to, but the results can't be argued. In terms of ball-striking, I'm at a career high right now. :idea:

I have this funny "goal" for the summer, which I've named "Vision 69". LOL It's a spin from the Vision 54 (or something like that) golf philosophy over birdieing every hole. I just want to break 70, and have come as close as 71 so far this year...

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I try again Sunday!

Playing a new (for me) course: River Bend Links in Tunica, MS. Heat index should be a comfy 107, LOL!

Should make for a fun day Alan. I've been out there with a few of my friends that play, drove the cart of course, but it looks like a good time :beerchug2: better than working all weekend that's for damn sure!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Well my brother ended up getting the Nike SUMO driver. that thing is really nice, but he won't let me touch it. haha. I just got his old Wilson one, but that thing is still pretty bad ass! My short game is what needs work. Driving the ball isn't much of a challenge anymore, putting has always been my strong suit, but chipping will rape my game. lol.

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
I love to play but I sssssuuuuuuccccckkkkk! at the ball hitting part, but I am #1 at the cart driving, beer drinking part. IF I break a 100 on 18 I am happy as hell. There is an executive course near my house that has 7 holes that are par 3's and 2 that are par 4's (340 yds). The par there is 27. My short game is pretty damned good I generally shoot from par to +3 and that is also on a mild beer buzz. 150 yds out and I am golden. ask me to hit a 5 wood and I will be killing every grasshopper and worm withing a 200yd radius...........lol. I love it though cause the exec course is lighted and open til at least 12 and sometime 1:00 depending on how many people are still there. That is what I do when it's just too damned hot to race.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
+1 on being a bad ass at cart driving. I've gotten in trouble with the greens superintendent once or twice for what he calls unnecessary donuts.. Which I happen to call a little fun while you are waiting for someone taking their sweet ass time to hit. lol.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I love to play and I suck pretty aweful. I can drive the shit out of the cart and drink a beer though!
I hit a Taylor Made R7 and Nickolas irons.
I mostly play MIL courses, Oceana is aweful nice, F-18s flying over head, doing touch and goes, pretty cool!
I recentlly tried here in Bahrain, 18 hole course, and they are currentlly building 2700 condos on the course, AT THE SAME TIME> Needless to say place is all fucked up!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back