Golfers?

vanessa91

forum member
Reaction score
Well I can't say I'm much of a golfer, but I love hitting the driving range every now and then. Just gotta learn how to really swing. lol

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
As am I... and I can't wait to play the first round of the season this Friday as we have super nice weather this week!

speedofsound

The gauge pod guy
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just digging through some old threads and found this one...

How did everyone's season go?

I'm happy to report 2010 proved to be my best golfing year since I began playing roughly 26 years ago. It's been 2 years since I really commited to understanding MY swing, and studied/practiced in pretty much all the spare time I had. Hard work pays off, and I'm closing this year out playing off a pretty solid 2.1 handicap index.

Highlights for 2010 include 3 eagles (2 on par 5s, the other a deuce on a par 4), 4 sub-70 rounds, and shooting personal bests at numerous local haunts. Low round of the year was 68, one stroke off my career low round. It was the same course as my current-low 67; that place likes me!

I played in a few regional amateur "mini-tour" events, with so-so results. It was both fun and humbling to play under the pressure of competition. It is definitely a lot easier to go low in a weekend round with your buddies, a fact lost in my 20 years since my last competitive rounds. I learned I can hang, but there are some STRONG no-names out there! haha

There's a few more rounds left in my 2010 season, but it's pretty well finished. Winter brings the re-start of a fitness program and heated driving ranges, and my goals for 2011 won't allow any slacking!

Hope all the golfers had a chance to play a bit this year. Post up any memorable moments or cool places you played!

-Alan

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back