Got A 3v With A M90? Want More Power For Free?!?

fivelinkcobra

Reaction score
908SSP and I met up today. Thurs would work well for me and I would like to come over sometime between 1-3.

Jim

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
After a couple weeks with the TVS1900 I have to say that I haven't seen the huge drop in IAT that I was expecting. I'm running about 2 more pounds of boost and my IAT seems to average about 5-8 degrees cooler than before. I think the vast majority of heat comes from the block and aluminum intake manifold. Once those big chunks of aluminum are 200 degrees, air passing through is going to get hot. This isn't an issue when ambient air temps are below 90 degrees but I live in Florida and 90+ is our air temp for 5 months per year. My IAT runs about 40-50 above ambient.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Elaboration available?

Nope, top secret for now.:clap:

I can say that the solution is relatively cheap, easy to install and drops IAT’s 25-30deg though.

We are targeting GT500’s first (Gt500 guys spend more $$$), then we will do it for the 3v’s. I’m not sure if the Roush will need anything special. If it does its no big deal, it will just take a little longer to make available. Were hoping to have the “kits” ready by spring at the latest.

I’m guessing we are going to sell a shedload of them. I big HE and water pump will barely get you a 25-30deg drop in IAT’s and really does nothing for heat soak.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Nope, top secret for now.:clap:

I can say that the solution is relatively cheap, easy to install and drops IAT’s 25-30deg though.

We are targeting GT500’s first (Gt500 guys spend more $$$), then we will do it for the 3v’s. I’m not sure if the Roush will need anything special. If it does its no big deal, it will just take a little longer to make available. Were hoping to have the “kits” ready by spring at the latest.

I’m guessing we are going to sell a shedload of them. I big HE and water pump will barely get you a 25-30deg drop in IAT’s and really does nothing for heat soak.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would think the only other way to lower IATs would be injection, or a secondary HE setup with some sort of relay controlled valve that would switch between a primary and secondary HE setup depending on the fluid temp of each, if that makes sense. I'm in for curiousity, you've peaked my interest.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but I would think the only other way to lower IATs would be injection, or a secondary HE setup with some sort of relay controlled valve that would switch between a primary and secondary HE setup depending on the fluid temp of each, if that makes sense. I'm in for curiousity, you've peaked my interest.

It’s MUCH, MUCH simpler than all that. Sometimes the best solutions are.

The idea is simple, and easy to do. That is why I’m not “advertising”. Someone will copy it (probably made in China) eventually. I’m giving myself the biggest head start I can.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It’s MUCH, MUCH simpler than all that. Sometimes the best solutions are.

The idea is simple, and easy to do. That is why I’m not “advertising”. Someone will copy it (probably made in China) eventually. I’m giving myself the biggest head start I can.

Remember the post from the good ol boy I copied, who set up a small nozzle to spray E85 upstream from the intake to cool it down? I wonder if anyone has played around with that. How much would it take, and how hard to incorparate into tune?

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Remember the post from the good ol boy I copied, who set up a small nozzle to spray E85 upstream from the intake to cool it down? I wonder if anyone has played around with that. How much would it take, and how hard to incorparate into tune?

I spray a small 30 shot of nitrous thru the maf and viola. Dry system to do that is pretty cheap but does add some complexity. NO tune required if small shot that is compensated by MAF.

I would be very interested in any extra cooling. I have kicked around idea of meth but really do not need it atm. plus there ya go with more tuning and system complexity.. and work.. and expensive.. and maintenance

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I may skip on PD blowers all together. S&H is changing my heart with a nice 1000hp + twin turbo kit with *oiless* ceramic 62mm Comp turbos coming out soon that doesn't resemble any of the turbo pile of piping mess and heat under the hood with other systems. Very impressed so far. I'm sick of heat soak and it's hard to avoid pouncing out on the street with any PD blower.

We shall see by December what new FI project awaits for me to install. Time to feed this big stroker by damn!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I may skip on PD blowers all together. S&H is changing my heart with a nice 1000hp + twin turbo kit with *oiless* ceramic 62mm Comp turbos coming out soon that doesn't resemble any of the turbo pile of piping mess and heat under the hood with other systems. Very impressed so far. I'm sick of heat soak and it's hard to avoid pouncing out on the street with any PD blower.

We shall see by December what new FI project awaits for me to install. Time to feed this big stroker by damn!

Don’t think that all PD blowers act like your M90. My 3.4L setup runs nice and cool. I’ve actually sat at light and had IAT2’s (after intercooler) lower than the IAT1’s (at MAF)!!!! It literally cools the ambient air down, not heat it up.:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back