GT350R rips the Ring....

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I hope this is true....if it is that is just awesome. I really want an R but am realistic in thinking I can't afford one for what they will really sell for.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I wont ever afford one but can appreciate the beauty. Kinda like a supermodel. Lol.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Has this been posted on camaro5 forum. Some of those guys are ready to hang themselves.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
No, they will just make up excuses and deny stuff and say anything they can do discredit it.

Edit: shit I called it, already happening! LMAO!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393150&page=2

"No source? Interesting no videos ever surface of Ford's running with VBOX data on the track."

"I guess now the question is;"Is "The (trusted) source" an official Ford rep.?"

"Not saying it didn't happen, but seeing that it was done in Sep of last year and it just gets leaked out now seems a bit suspicious. Anybody can through numbers up, but without proof, it's just hearsay."

"No source? Interesting no videos ever surface of Ford's running with VBOX data on the track."

As you can see even when you provide rabid fan boys with what they ask for "ring times" they won't accept it anyway.

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
"On top of all the Track Package goodies that come optional on the base GT350"..

omfg.. 53K base price and $$ more for options.. hell we are looking at close to a z06

also I wonder how much those wheels will cost alone.. haha..

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Not a big fan of "ring times." IMO they're too easy to manipulate. It's hard to set standards that aren't though.

That said, this car is NASTY. I can't wait to see it head to head against some other cars.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of "ring times." IMO they're too easy to manipulate. It's hard to set standards that aren't though.

That said, this car is NASTY. I can't wait to see it head to head against some other cars.
Just how does one.."manipulate" 'ring times' ??

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score

some guys will run sectors and then add the times up to get a "full lap" while running on different days and different conditions. some will run on R compounds or suspension settings not usable for the street.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Maybe manipulate wasn't the right choice of word.

Ring times could vary a large amount depending on conditions or cheap tricks that are thrown in to make the times better.

For instance, I know guys that drive six hours to a particular drag strip even though there are like 4 that are closer, pull out their entire interior and a bunch of other crap, and only run when it's colder all so they can claim the "fastest times" when really there are several other cars that would have beat them in those conditions.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Roll start instead of stop start is one off the top of my head.
There is no such thing as an "official ring time" there are not standards to be met, there are no rules manufacturers just claim they ran something and there is no way to verify anything.

Take the ZL1 for instance, did you know it was a pre-production prototype ZL1 with a roll cage and who knows what else that made their "ring record"?
There has never been a production ZL1 on the nurburgring yet fanboys will get the time tattooed on them and think their car will do that number all day.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Roll start instead of stop start is one off the top of my head.
There is no such thing as an "official ring time" there are not standards to be met, there are no rules manufacturers just claim they ran something and there is no way to verify anything.

Take the ZL1 for instance, did you know it was a pre-production prototype ZL1 with a roll cage and who knows what else that made their "ring record"?
There has never been a production ZL1 on the nurburgring yet fanboys will get the time tattooed on them and think their car will do that number all day.
Bingo. I had forgotten about the roll start deal.

Tires are a HUGE part of it to. I wouldn't be surprised if some places switched tires out.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Also they can start on whatever part of the track they want.
Oh start a roll start timer on a long straight at 100mph? sure! RECORD!

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Im with the other people that say bad ass if true.

I can't wait to see how it does when Randy Probst takes it around Laguna Seca for motor trend (about the only issue that is worth reading)

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
For instance, I know guys that drive six hours to a particular drag strip even though there are like 4 that are closer, pull out their entire interior and a bunch of other crap, and only run when it's colder all so they can claim the "fastest times" when really there are several other cars that would have beat them in those conditions.
I know when I want to go to the nurburgring, I always skip the close one and go to the further one that's at a lower elevation, and has shorter straights, just to set a better lap time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back