GT500 strut mounts?

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
So I recently ordered some GT500 strut mounts to go with my new konis and sportlines, and I received my strut mounts without the rubber isolators. The seller is persistent in saying that I reuse my stock GT rubber isolators, but I was under the impression that the GT500 rubber isolator was stiffer and helped reduced noise and vibration. Am I wrong? I have attached a picture of what I received. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 38

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
So I recently ordered some GT500 strut mounts to go with my new konis and sportlines, and I received my strut mounts without the rubber isolators. The seller is persistent in saying that I reuse my stock GT rubber isolators, but I was under the impression that the GT500 rubber isolator was stiffer and helped reduced noise and vibration. Am I wrong? I have attached a picture of what I received. Thanks guys!

The gt500 strut mount comes with isolators when purchase new. I'm not sure how much stiffer they are if any.

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
From my understanding they are a fair bit stiffer. The seller is trying to convince me that the gt500 mounts do not come with new ones and that I must reuse my old ones. Doesn't seem like much of an "upgrade" if I did that

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
No they are supposed to come with them. He needs to research before he sells something.

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
From my understanding they are a fair bit stiffer. The seller is trying to convince me that the gt500 mounts do not come with new ones and that I must reuse my old ones. Doesn't seem like much of an "upgrade" if I did that

yes they do come with new ones...im just not sure if they are different than GT isolators. below is the description for gt500 mounts. just not sure if it talking about the center section and isolator.

Either way the seller is lying to you about them not coming with isolators.

"These Ford Racing Upper Strut mounts feature a higher durometer mounting pad for increased performance, higher impact loads, and increased durability."

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help any but, here is my strut set up using the GT 500 USM's. The rubber mounting surface, as I remember, was quite substantial. Those in your pic seem like they are missing something.

Since I have the stock uppers, still mounted with the stock springs and struts, I believe you may have been sold the stock uppers. Just a guess.

Attachments

• koni eibach_1.jpg
    koni eibach_1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 37
  • koni eibach.jpg
    koni eibach.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
When I threw out my GT500 mounts I reused that rubber portion on my steeda units.

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. As soon as I received then I realized something wasn't right. Seller is issuing a refunded and is paying for return shipping also. Seller still believes he is in the right as he stated, "I sell 5 of these a day and never get complaints". Oh well, I'll just order through one of our vendors here. Unless someone has a spare set they are trying to get rid of :thumb:

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. As soon as I received then I realized something wasn't right. Seller is issuing a refunded and is paying for return shipping also. Seller still believes he is in the right as he stated, "I sell 5 of these a day and never get complaints". Oh well, I'll just order through one of our vendors here. Unless someone has a spare set they are trying to get rid of :thumb:

Psst, post #10 :angels25:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
he's trying to be slick, Im betting he was originally running the gt500 mounts, then upgraded to an adjustable plate, which needs the rubber isolators he told you dont come on them. when I was running gt500 mounts and went to J&M plates, this is the reason I didnt sell my gt500 mounts, because they werent complete, as I had to use the gt500 isolators on the J&M plates, which I eventually ended up selling and reinstalling the gt500's

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
he's trying to be slick, Im betting he was originally running the gt500 mounts, then upgraded to an adjustable plate, which needs the rubber isolators he told you dont come on them. when I was running gt500 mounts and went to J&M plates, this is the reason I didnt sell my gt500 mounts, because they werent complete, as I had to use the gt500 isolators on the J&M plates, which I eventually ended up selling and reinstalling the gt500's

Sounds reasonable. Just happy I have more knowledge than he perceived or else I would have just agreed with him and installed him. Dont know how many customers he has probably done that to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back