head unit has no power

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
I have a kenwood Dnx 7100 for about 6yrs now. The head unit will not turn on. I checked the fuses and they all look good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
You need to make sure there's power at the plug going into the head unit. If there is then your head unit is dead. If there isn't time to start back tracking.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
There should be a little reset button on the front of the unit. It's hard to see. You can use a pin to hit it and see if that works. If unlit. Check your fuses. Then if those are good. Pull the radio and check for power and ground at the plug. Also may be a fuse in the head unit.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
Unplug the battery and let the car reset?

Will try that tomorrow, when I get home

There should be a little reset button on the front of the unit. It's hard to see. You can use a pin to hit it and see if that works. If unlit. Check your fuses. Then if those are good. Pull the radio and check for power and ground at the plug. Also may be a fuse in the head unit.
I will look for it and will double check the fuses again

Mine did the same thing and I checked the #6 accessory fuse and bam it was blown.

is that fuse in the kick Panel or under the hood, so i can go straight to it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back