Help - hit curb - k-member\Elongated bolt holes?

foose07

Reaction score
Hello all - I have a 2007 Foose Stallion - I hit a curb (yes goof'n around - my fault :p) ... here is the problem and what I’ve tried so far. 1. Front end is too far out of whack to be aligned and wheel on pass side sits about 1cm towards the back of the car. (using fingers "I know very technical" on the drivers side i get 3 fingers on both sides of the wheel - on the pass side I get 4 fingers front and 2 fingers rear.) .. I have already replaced the lower control arms (no help) and replaced the Struts (no help). .. What is the likelihood that the k-member is just bent; or that there are elongated bolt holes and k-member is fine? ... I'm thinking about just getting a BMR k-member as the Frame shop wants over $300 to do a "IAS"?? (Think it matches the bolt holes up to factory specs)?? -- Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Look at the mounting bolts through the frame on the passenger side. Look down by the exhaust manifolds or headers, at the black clips holding the front kmember bolts in place. You should be able to see of they moved back any.
It's possible the k did get pushed back or bent or something like that. If the mounting bolts are still ok, you can put a bmr k member in as a replacement.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a stock k-member if you need one... I just removed it to install a BMR unit.

Just a word of caution, if you do put a BMR on, you will have to center it...BMR does not just slide in (self centering) like the factory one.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Same i have a stock k just throwing it out there. Look at the rails on both side near the convoluted area, see if you see anything out of the ordinary

foose07

Reaction score
I also visually inspected the clips on the frame - if im looking at the correct area?? the tabs on the clips look to be fine and the plastic holders next to the clip look ok to me also... photos attached.

Attachments

• clip1.jpg
    clip1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
  • clip2.jpg
    clip2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • clip3.jpg
    clip3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 41
  • clip4.jpg
    clip4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 41

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Yup. Looks good. Sounds like your kmember is bent.
As far a a BMR, just put it in, and then get an alignment. The toe will most likely be a little off.

foose07

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s help\comments. I'll post some more pics after I get the k-member delivered in and installed. .... is the best price for it from BMR directly - anyone have any discounts\ETC for the BMR K?

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Kelly is your contact person at BMR; Mustang guy...they unfortunately can't beat the free shipping from the vendors. I tried ordering all my BMR stuff directly and they do have a packaged price...but the savings is less than the free shipping you get from the vendors.

Definitely contact BMR (813-986-9302 ask for Kelly) and see what they say...

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s help\comments. I'll post some more pics after I get the k-member delivered in and installed. .... is the best price for it from BMR directly - anyone have any discounts\ETC for the BMR K?

American Muscle is a site vendor, offers free shipping and if you PM Shane he will give you a discount code

foose07

Reaction score
I eneded up ordered the BMR k-member from Stage 3 Motorsports...free shipping and 5% off. bought the red one -standard motor mounts and height. two questions. One- Stage 3 site says paid in full but the site does not list the shipping\tracking number - are they slow on sending out parts? and Second- any one know what the exact color (or really close) of red that BMR uses? I want to paint my FRPP lower a-arms the same color.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Today is Sunday so you're not getting a tracking number until it is in the system. Also they most likely will drop ship it directly from BMR.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Thats right... They will drop ship meaning the k-member will be coming directly from BMR.
I hope you bought the a-arm brace also... If not, I got one for sale... lol

I don't know what the color is exactly, but its basic red.
DSC07587.jpg

DSC07595.jpg

DSC07590.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back