Help with my build list

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Good day all. I am looking for advice/opinions on my buildlist. Im going to be buying the parts myself but have a shop do the installs, im looking to have this done in the next couple weeks.

So far im going with 4.10s, line lock and a 2step rev limiter. With that being said, this is the one of the only guys in town with a dyno and hes supposed to be a pretty good tuner. Should i have him slap on a CAI and tune while hes doing the other mods?? Would this be worth the money or not???

I dont have a quote for the install yet but can get one if needed. Also if you have a suggestions for different mods that's also appreciated

2005 GT, manual trans

Last edited:

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
What are your goals for your car.

I'm assuming drag? Do you have big stickys for the back? I assume so or why the line lock.

Post up a complete mod list and what you plan on doing with the car. It will help with our suggestions

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
What are your goals for your car.

I'm assuming drag? Do you have big stickys for the back? I assume so or why the line lock.

Post up a complete mod list and what you plan on doing with the car. It will help with our suggestions

Yes would like to see the strip on a weekly basis. just had m and h drag radials put on and im in love with them.
Current Mods: 275/50r17s DRs 28"
Ford stinger axle backs
3.55s
Goal being, having a fun street/strip car that will hold me over for a couple-few years until im in a good position to buy a 5.0

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Don't pay for a dyno tune that's way overkill. Just order a cai and tuner. That will pick up a half second at the track right there.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Don't pay for a dyno tune that's way overkill. Just order a cai and tuner. That will pick up a half second at the track right there.

Hey thanks a lot for the reply!! Going to add the CAI and Bama tunes into my order. Looks like fun and an install i can actually do. :clap:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i would avoid bama personally, but with minimal mods you should be ok

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
i would avoid bama personally, but with minimal mods you should be ok

I'm very open to alternative options, have not placed the order for the CAI and tuner. Any suggestions for another can tune company?

Thank you very much for your help

usafimj

Reaction score
You'll be fine with any email tuner. You won't get much difference until you get into the major mods. With that said the only place that I know of that tunes no matter where you buy your parts from is Bama. Everywhere else you have to buy the parts from them then they'll update your tune.

When I had my 07 GT I used an email tune for LTs, cams, and even a supercharger. You can datalog and get a great tune without hitting a dyno. It'll just take a bit longer since you have to datalog, send the info to the tuner, then wait for a tune re-write.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Good day all. I am looking for advice/opinions on my buildlist. Im going to be buying the parts myself but have a shop do the installs, im looking to have this done in the next couple weeks.

So far im going with 4.10s, line lock and a 2step rev limiter. With that being said, this is the one of the only guys in town with a dyno and hes supposed to be a pretty good tuner. Should i have him slap on a CAI and tune while hes doing the other mods?? Would this be worth the money or not???

I dont have a quote for the install yet but can get one if needed. Also if you have a suggestions for different mods that's also appreciated

2005 GT, manual trans

If money isn't a problem and you don't want to do the mechanical work then it's worth it to develop a good relationship with a quality shop imo.

Finding a good shop can be difficult. Word of mouth is worth something but it's not always correct either way. Talk to the shop, see how it looks and how they are treating other customers, trust your gut instinct.

If you get a bad vibe from the shop then it's time to find another or start doing your own work.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies really do appreciate the help

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Now also considering LCAs, thoughts? Not sure if I should do UCAs as well. If you only had money for one set, would you do LCAs or UCAs??? Thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back