HIDRetrofitLights.com

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with www.hidretrofitlights.com ? I've been looking for a more OEM look where the Raxioms don't meet, and the actual OEM's are way to expensive. These pretty much hit the spot on the styling I've been looking for and I'm not good at "Do-it-yourself'ers". I'm thinking about buying a set but wanted to ask around before I drop $750 on a set of headlights lol. Thanks guys.

SolarWar

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of hid projectors and ballasts from theretrofitsource.com you have to do the work yourself but it costs half of what u quoted... just another option for you.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
Shit op you could have bought my OEM hids and switchback turn signals for 750 plus shipping and had an OEM setup... but they already sold

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
My friend was one of his first customers. The wiring was crap and he ended up using his old HIDs and a wire adapter to get them to work with the projectors. They look sick, his is the white V6 with the Iron Man style halo around the projectors. The guy took a long time to do the work because he got backed up (took him about 6 to 8 months to do the work). It was finished around 6 or 7 months but he found something wrong when he was about to ship them and it took him another month to get it fixed.

Best I can tell you, is the finished product was overall, pretty good (good seal and quality paint on the housing of the light). They look sick and he no longer has any issues now that he uses his own HIDs with the wire adapter. Good luck!

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of hid projectors and ballasts from theretrofitsource.com you have to do the work yourself but it costs half of what u quoted... just another option for you.

I'd love to do it but I'm not good at stuff like that and I'd hate to experiment on $700 worth of equipment you know? Thanks though

Shit op you could have bought my OEM hids and switchback turn signals for 750 plus shipping and had an OEM setup... but they already sold

Damn man, I wish I coulda jumped on that!

My friend was one of his first customers. The wiring was crap and he ended up using his old HIDs and a wire adapter to get them to work with the projectors. They look sick, his is the white V6 with the Iron Man style halo around the projectors. The guy took a long time to do the work because he got backed up (took him about 6 to 8 months to do the work). It was finished around 6 or 7 months but he found something wrong when he was about to ship them and it took him another month to get it fixed.

Best I can tell you, is the finished product was overall, pretty good (good seal and quality paint on the housing of the light). They look sick and he no longer has any issues now that he uses his own HIDs with the wire adapter. Good luck!

Hmmm, thanks for the info about the wire man! Hopefully he doesn't take up to 6 months, that's crazy. On the website it says up to a month, so hopefully he honors that now. Yeah main part is styling that I'm concerned with. These are the best looking projectors I can find without going OEM. I absolutely hate all the aftermarket ones with the halos and such. Just not my taste. Appreciate the info though!

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Since he was one of his first customers he got his order in and then got more orders after than he was expecting and ended up putting my friends on the back burner. He apologized and tried to help any way he could. At least he still didn't try to ship a product with a flaw when he knew there was one. I can commend him on that and the fact that the lights were good quality. The parts he gets are from the retrofit source just so you know.

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
I just looked through retrofitshidlights and they are the same projectors and shrouds as the retrofit source I believe Matt owns and or operates both websites

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just looked through retrofitshidlights and they are the same projectors and shrouds as the retrofit source I believe Matt owns and or operates both websites

The owner of HIDRetrofitLights is Kris, not Matt. Kris get's the parts from Matt as if he were a dealer basically.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back