holy crap! which clutch should i get???

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
alright im really really tired of reading about clutches! im just trying to pick the best clutch for MY setup but everyone has mixed reviews. sure i know that the mcleod is a great clutch but its just not in my price range. the spec stage 3 is on/off, the spec 3+ is crap some say. the ram powergrip hd i cant find anything worth reading, and any other clutch i havent seen enough to make a purchase on. im trying to buy a clutch this week but just cant make up my mind on which one would be best. any and i mean ANY help would be appreciated.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RST lol

Yes it is twice the price, However the twin lasts twice as long as as a single clutch. :)

Not to mention it will be the last clutch you ever buy for the car. It is rebuildable and mcleoud sells the discs themselves to replace when they wear over time.

Why take a chance with anything else? Pay now or pay later.

Good luck, i wouldnt touch a spec clutch with a 10-ft pole btw.

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
lol i figured that was coming...... i know what you mean about the pay now or later thing though.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Been using a ram hd power grip & ram billit steel flywheel for over 14k very happy with it.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
OP, i was getting ready to ask this same question. i have 65k miles on my car a going FI soon so i might change it soon as well and i can't decide yet either. i was leaning towards exedy, but i need to research more.

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys maybe I can make a decision within the next day or so......id love to get the rst but we will have to see how things go.

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
Don't cheap out go rst. I went with the spec 3+ first while it was good while it worked it didn't even last 10 k before the pressure plate went. If your stocker is working keep it till you can get the rst.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
The RST or a Exedy are probably the only two I would seriously consider depending on your power output. If you plan on increasing power over the next couple of years, I'd continue to suffer through with the stocker until you've got the scratch for the RST.

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I believe ill be going rst. It's not that I can't afford it, its just 700-800 for a clutch is a little steep for me but if its worth it than ill bite the bullet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back