home growers

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
thats rad although not a fan of jelly too much sugar lol.

i'm planning on doing quite a bit of work on the backyard to get ready fr my pepper plants. unfortubately i'm loosing quite a few seedlings and i'm not exactly sure why. i'm having a hard time figuring out how much to water and i think now i'm unfer watering them as theyre dried up looking. the ones in bottles are still doing great.

You need something like this. You can usually find them at local nurseries.

http://www.tmart.com/Moisture-pH-Light-3-in-1-Meter_p235044.html?cc=USD&fixed_price=us_us&gclid=CLfYo4WLq8YCFQqSaQodBPAH1g

Moisture-pH-Light-3-in-1-Meter_600x600.jpg

My wife ALWAYS thinks something needs watering so now I make her use this first. The PH portion of it is hit or miss the the Light and Soil dampness portion work pretty good.

What soil are your problematic plants in? Last year I setup my vegetable garden and the local store I bought my soil from apparently gave me soil that wasn't ready. ALL of my plants died last year. Perhaps they didn't compost it long enough before I bought it and perhaps it burned my plants. I know that after sitting a year the soil is great this year.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
You need something like this. You can usually find them at local nurseries.

http://www.tmart.com/Moisture-pH-Light-3-in-1-Meter_p235044.html?cc=USD&fixed_price=us_us&gclid=CLfYo4WLq8YCFQqSaQodBPAH1g

Moisture-pH-Light-3-in-1-Meter_600x600.jpg

My wife ALWAYS thinks something needs watering so now I make her use this first. The PH portion of it is hit or miss the the Light and Soil dampness portion work pretty good.

What soil are your problematic plants in? Last year I setup my vegetable garden and the local store I bought my soil from apparently gave me soil that wasn't ready. ALL of my plants died last year. Perhaps they didn't compost it long enough before I bought it and perhaps it burned my plants. I know that after sitting a year the soil is great this year.

did not know there was such a thing hahah, the ph i have seems to be just fine, as my other peppers are doing wonderfully, the seedlings are the ones being a royal pain in the ass.

the soil i'm using is whats currently in my yard a very high clay content soil, i mix in a bit of manure as well as top soil type stuff that has dead vegitation in it to help give the soil some nutrients as my soil untreated is terrible even grass has a hard time without really giving it everything i can.

after a ton of water the seedlings are doing much better i deffinitely let them get to dry. a lot bounced back some did not which is ok. i'm juts happy to get a plant of each that is plantable at the end of all this.

i'll load some pics soon here

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
finally got around to taking a pic lol

the big ones in the black planters are new mexico big jim pepper plants. looking like they will soon be going out doors if they continue to grow like this.

plants_zps0ejgk6lh.jpg

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
Those are plenty big to go outside. Mine were runts until I tossed them outside, and they finally took off.

Give them a few days to harden. You just toss it outside for a day, then bring it in a day. Do that for a few days then give them the boot.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Those are plenty big to go outside. Mine were runts until I tossed them outside, and they finally took off.

Give them a few days to harden. You just toss it outside for a day, then bring it in a day. Do that for a few days then give them the boot.

will do, pretty stoked as these should yield a lot of peppers between the 4 of them.

i wish my giant ghost peppers were this big already :( i want to make
some damn hot sauces already lol

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so i put the plants out side in direct sunlight, they didn't fair so well i pulled them in after maybe an hour max. 2 fell over, so i have them being supported to hopefully make them up right again.

first is when i just put them out.
plants%204_zpszwk02jjd.jpg

and we went to hell in a handcart and fast

plants%203_zpscazqdpkg.jpg

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
A little late to the party but I used to grow tomatoes and cucumbers in high school but they all died when I went to rotc summer camp and no one took care of my plants. Recently Ive gotten back into it and started growing tomatoes again. Right now Im laid up but once I get back on my feet Im going to start expanding my garden again. Lookin good op!

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
A little late to the party but I used to grow tomatoes and cucumbers in high school but they all died when I went to rotc summer camp and no one took care of my plants. Recently Ive gotten back into it and started growing tomatoes again. Right now Im laid up but once I get back on my feet Im going to start expanding my garden again. Lookin good op!

i hate tomatoes they're a pita lol. plus they die every year adn you have to restart too much work for me lol.

thanks :) we'll see how they do today in the sunshine and heat with a mild breeze.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
i hate tomatoes they're a pita lol. plus they die every year adn you have to restart too much work for me lol.

thanks :) we'll see how they do today in the sunshine and heat with a mild breeze.

Really? Here in Florida theyre so easy to grow and Ive never had to replant them but maybe I havent grown them for a long enough period of time.

Back