I finally caved in and bought a new mustang.

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Yes they are, it has plenty of power for a V6 .. I will start changing some things on it once I finish my Roush up ..

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
They are faster than the 05 gt? Since when? News to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
They are close but the 05-10 GT's are a tad faster. However if an older GT is not in mint running condition and has slowed with age than a new v6 could take one stock for stock. Either way they are very fast for 6's. And a huge improvement. First muscle ever with a 6 that actually has balls. All the previous gens were sad.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think they are faster, I seen race on YouTube .. The v6 was about a car and half slower than the v8 .. It really doesnt matter to me it has plenty of power for the wife ..

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I drove a 2012 V6 auto at work the other day and could not have been less impressed. But they are def nice cars.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score

Wasn't impressed. They are nice cars but they have no torque. I don't care what they say in their advertising. SLOW. Maybe a manual would be different. GM talked the same way about the NEW V6 power plant the the newer camaros. 305hp blah blah. They barely get out of their own way.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Wasn't impressed. They are nice cars but they have no torque. I don't care what they say in their advertising. SLOW. Maybe a manual would be different. GM talked the same way about the NEW V6 power plant the the newer camaros. 305hp blah blah. They barely get out of their own way.

But you are only talking about how they FEEL in normal driving, not how they actually perform when you really put your foot down. They have been tested @ low 5's to 60 and high 13's in the 1/4. Heck, that's faster than most v8 muscle cars of yesteryear and hardly qualifies for a comment of "They barely get out of their own way" relative to the fact that we are talking about the base 6 cyl here, which is a HUGE improvement over the pre-2011's. The older muscle cars had that torquey grunty feel but when you put your foot down there wasn't a whole lot more there. With these cars it's just the opposite. Either way, the numbers don't lie and they are the fastest base-engine muscle cars ever.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
But you are only talking about how they FEEL in normal driving, not how they actually perform when you really put your foot down. They have been tested @ low 5's to 60 and high 13's in the 1/4. Heck, that's faster than most v8 muscle cars of yesteryear and hardly qualifies for a comment of "They barely get out of their own way" relative to the fact that we are talking about the base 6 cyl here, which is a HUGE improvement over the pre-2011's. The older muscle cars had that torquey grunty feel but when you put your foot down there wasn't a whole lot more there. With these cars it's just the opposite. Either way, the numbers don't lie and they are the fastest base-engine muscle cars ever.

Oh I put my foot down, trust me. I had that thing to the floor. Was not impressed. But to each their own. For a v6 it's ok. Have you driven one? I'm not trying to take anything away from the base cars, just saying they are not what their made out to be.

Last edited:

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Relax fellas, this thread was not meant to turn into a pissing contest .. Overall I'm happy with the car. It's not a power house by any means but it's has good enough power for my wife.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Relax fellas, this thread was not meant to turn into a pissing contest .. Overall I'm happy with the car. It's not a power house by any means but it's has good enough power for my wife.

I wasn't pissing, just advising of the facts. I have heard before they dont have much low end grunt and I think some people simply go in expecting too much based on the numbers they've seen.

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn't pissing, just advising of the facts. I have heard before they dont have much low end grunt and I think some people simply go in expecting too much based on the numbers they've seen.

I agree with you Kbreeze, the auto bleeds off alot of the tq, but all in all its a good car with a decent amount of power.

Good looking car man

Thanks man!!!

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Ryan, you got any mods going yet Brother?

No not yet my friend, still working on the Roush.. Its almost done.. Thank the lord... It hasnt been easy to work on it. Going to school fulltime, plus I just quit my job to open my own paint shop..

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
No not yet my friend, still working on the Roush.. Its almost done.. Thank the lord... It hasnt been easy to work on it. Going to school fulltime, plus I just quit my job to open my own paint shop..
Wow, congrats Brother! God answers prayers! You got the Roush boosted now? Congrats on all the future sucess:)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back