Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold!

forum member
Reaction score
Great write up. love these threads..

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive feed back guys. Jmac and Scott did a good job taking pics along the way. Jmac did a damn good job with the write up. I would love to take credit, but I just published it so all of y'all have the benifit of a step by step install.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
great write up, I just posted a request for this in another post and then saw that you already did it! I have the MCA V6 strut brace that is supposed to clear the Boss manifold ( in fact it looks just like the stock Boss piece) and the Boss airbox intake tube waiting for my manifold delivery. Has anyone dyno'd a stock airbox/K&N/Boss manifold combo? I have a Steeda CAI on my car now but don't want fitment issues.
Steve

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
There was no fitment issues with this car and the Steeda CAI. I think JJ said that he is going to try it with the stock air box and a k&n.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
There was no fitment issues with this car and the Steeda CAI. I think JJ said that he is going to try it with the stock air box and a k&n.

Our car currently has the stock airbox and boss inlet tube with a K&N. It fits just like stock, perfect. :thumb:

We will be testing the car at the track with that configuration and the JLT CAI weather permitting here shortly.

JJ

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Jarrod at LRS for all his help getting me the boss Intake and others in order to get ready for the TX mile. He has been a big help even after hours and on weekends.

I did have to modify my Boss intake though! See Pic! The Steeda CAI fit but I found that it is not at the same smooth angles as when mounted to the stock intake due to the different position of the TB. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

Attachments

• Boss Intake.jpg
    Boss Intake.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 123

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Cliff, that thing looks bad ass. Glad you were able to get it in time. Wish I could have helped you out on the other stuff. Hope to see you at the mile!

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone done the install using the Ford fuel hoses and brackets to relocate fuel purge solenoid. I ordered the manifold and "install kit" which is the parts listed by FRRP as needed from BOI. Box came last night UPS and I was like a kid at Christmas, sadly the purge solenoid hose part #CR3Z-9G297-A was NOT in the box:handjob:. So I went and started to preplan the install and realized that if I did install the factory hoses the wiring connector would have to be extended to reach. Now I can solder my ass off but don't want to cut and splice my factory harness so Ford should have offered a jumper to reach around. (Heh Heh, he said reach around)

Anyway my point to this rant is listen to the guys at LMR and just extend the vapor hose around to the port. Would've saved me aggravation and $199.95

Steve

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Jarrod at LRS for all his help getting me the boss Intake and others in order to get ready for the TX mile. He has been a big help even after hours and on weekends.

I did have to modify my Boss intake though! See Pic! The Steeda CAI fit but I found that it is not at the same smooth angles as when mounted to the stock intake due to the different position of the TB. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

That does look great,nice job!! gotta put that on the list..

I also have to agree,Jarrod has been great in helping me as well. Im ordering the coyote engine through him this upcoming week,any question I had he was there quick to help me out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back