Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold!

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
JLT, Magnaflow Competition exhaust (factory H pipe), BOSS 302 intake and a good 93 octane tune.

419.97/378.5 corrected thru a 305/35/18 drag radial.

Is something wrong with the tune?

I'm putting down 422rwhp/366rwtq with Lund's 93 Tune and Corsa Ultimate Touring axle backs...

No CAI, no BOSS intake, no full catback with off road anything...

Kinda makes me not want to do the above mods because I'm already putting down that much. I would expect alot more from all those mods.

I started out at 356rwhp bone stock btw.

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score

I'm putting down 422rwhp/366rwtq with Lund's 93 Tune and Corsa Ultimate Touring axle backs...

Kinda makes me not want to do the above mods because I'm already putting down that much. I would expect alot more from all those mods.

dynos can be made to lie in favor and not in favor, temps could be in your favor one day and not the next, anything is possible

jsnyng

Reaction score

I'm not saying you don't have a dyno sheet to back up your numbers, but you sure as hell didn't pick up a "legit" 66rwhp with a tune and axle backs.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not saying you don't have a dyno sheet to back up your numbers, but you sure as hell didn't pick up a "legit" 66rwhp with a tune and axle backs.

Well, my brother's TA puts down about 420rwhp, and when I first got my car in July he used to blow my doors off...easily. Now we launch the same and stay neck and neck the whole way, he never pulls on me anymore, no matter where we start. It's a serious gain on the mustangdyno, and the butt dyno.

I have a friend with a full Borla Competition cat back xpipe and all, and a Steeda CAI. We dynod the same day and mine was pulling more than his without any of those mods.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
dynos can be made to lie in favor and not in favor, temps could be in your favor one day and not the next, anything is possible

I know, but how does that explain two different mustangs with completely different mods running the same day, within hours?

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score

422whp with a tune and axleback is very very hard to believe since 99.9% of cars with those mods dont even put down 400whp

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
so digital were did 396 come from? you went from 356 to 396 no mods? then to 422 just a tune?

The Corsa's I had Lethal Performance cut up.

356 stock --> 396 Corsa's --> 422 Corsa's and Lund 93 Tune with Ghost Cams

I don't get it. Neither does Tracy. She says for some reason my car "is running more timing than usual." :question:

Don't you have a cat-back and tune? What'd you put down the other day?

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
40HP from a catback? guess i got the wrong cat back. get some drag radials and lets see what that baby can do at the track.

jsnyng

Reaction score
so digital were did 396 come from? you went from 356 to 396 no mods? then to 422 just a tune?

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/2011-dyno-numbers-post-62979-2.html

lucy_1-full.jpg

lucy_you_got_some_splaining_to_do_card-p137548860303185082q0yk_400.jpg

cshiznitzj

forum member
Reaction score
The numbers can't be compared legitimately to know what the gains are unless its back to back the same day preferable at the same atmospheric conditions and same operating temperature, other wise there is no control.

It is also possible the dyno has drifted (measurement instruments drift) or the settings have been tweaked over time. My car put 366 on that same dyno with exhaust only back around October.

Last edited:

guilloe

Reaction score
Another comparison, Evolution cars the GT and the Boss made about the same power and from factory, you know the Boss is more powerful. Same dyno different day.

GE

DON SVO

Reaction score

LMAO! Nothing is wrong with my tune. AFRs 12.6-12.8, PCM not pulling any timing, and I have factory manifolds and a factory H-pipe.

I've seen CAI/LT/full exhaust/tune cars making 405-415 all day long.

The better question is how your car apparently gained almost 70rwhp from a tune and exhaust.

Gearheads has a notoriously 'conservative' dyno: my 2006 GT made "only" 322/318 but ran [email protected] full weight... but regardless of MY dyno, your numbers are literally 25rwhp higher than any exhaust/tune car I've ever seen. I've seen a few.

At any rate, my car never drops below 415rwhp from 6600 to 7800 rpm. I did have a run against a buddies modded Lexus IS 350 (the "litmus test" car), this car put between 4 and 5 more lengths on him from a 40 punch than my 06 did when it was trapping 110. 3rd and 4th gear are a lot of fun :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back