Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold!

jsnyng

Reaction score
have a link or cliffnotes on what he thought? seems like it would be an ok setup...

He made more power up top, but his car had not been cutting very good 60' times with the intake so he took it back off. I saw on Vortech's Facebook page yesterday they were advertising a new kit for the Boss intake.

Skunk

Reaction score
For what it's worth I ran a 12.3 w/ a 1.9 60 @ 115mph iirc. That was with my clutch already begging for mercy. It was also my first time to the track w/ a rear wheel drive car.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I take it you guys are crossing the line in 4th with the boss intake, yes?

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
so besides the intake what else do you need to buy for the instal? ive seen some say you still need some other part number from ford?

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
so besides the intake what else do you need to buy for the instal? ive seen some say you still need some other part number from ford?
Don't bother buying that from ford, its a waste of $200. Unless you want it for a 100% factory look.
They said what you need in the first or second post on the thread. About 2 feet of 3/8" fuel hose and two hose clamps. Easily found at a hardware store like Ace. And either a zip tie or a bolt to keep the purge valve from bumping into the belts.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
that would depend alot on what rear end ratio is being used...

Well most people are shifting boss intake cars at 7700.

So even with 4.10s you'd still be in 4th, assuming a stock sized tire.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Well most people are shifting boss intake cars at 7700.

So even with 4.10s you'd still be in 4th, assuming a stock sized tire.

Right but that is right on the 7,700 mark at the end at roughly 117. When the air temps/DA are better this fall, 4.10 will be too much gear for those who will be pushing 120 at the traps. 3.73 or 3.90 on the M6 car's is optimal and eliminate the need to shift into 5th.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Right but that is right on the 7,700 mark at the end at roughly 117. When the air temps/DA are better this fall, 4.10 will be too much gear for those who will be pushing 120 at the traps. 3.73 or 3.90 on the M6 car's is optimal and eliminate the need to shift into 5th.

agreed... I run a 3.73 :D

Skunk

Reaction score
I'm still on 3.73's and plan on keeping it that way. The only gear I would run past 7300 is 4th even though the car practically jumps from 6800-7500. Haven't had a chance to push it since installing the JLT. I installed this with ONLY buying the intake manifold. I customized the stock intake pipe to work as a temporary until I made up my mind between n/a and turbo or centrifugal. Ultimately I've decided to stay n/a especially after seeing the 351 stroker block from wiseco. Still waiting for it to be in full production, but I still need more practice with the car as is.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm still on 3.73's and plan on keeping it that way. The only gear I would run past 7300 is 4th even though the car practically jumps from 6800-7500. Haven't had a chance to push it since installing the JLT. I installed this with ONLY buying the intake manifold. I customized the stock intake pipe to work as a temporary until I made up my mind between n/a and turbo or centrifugal. Ultimately I've decided to stay n/a especially after seeing the 351 stroker block from wiseco. Still waiting for it to be in full production, but I still need more practice with the car as is.

If you are running the Boss intake and shifting below 7300 you aren't doing yourself any favors and would be better off with the stock intake. To get the most out of the car at the track you need to shift at 7700. If you are running the stock clutch then I wouldbe cautious with that. Ford used a different clutch in the Boss application due to pressure plate bolts backing out at high RPM during their testing.

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
My BAMA tune only allows me to rev to 7300... might have to be changing to a different one in the future. Is Lund still the best bet on the tuning?
However I do only live about 15min away from VMP so I could call up Justin and get a dyno tune.

WTFchuck

forum member
Reaction score
My BAMA tune only allows me to rev to 7300... might have to be changing to a different one in the future. Is Lund still the best bet on the tuning?
However I do only live about 15min away from VMP so I could call up Justin and get a dyno tune.
best bet is justin and the dyno if ur only 15 min away.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back