Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold!

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
The Coyote wouldve been made with the same parts as the Boss... It isn't designed to be revved that high. I can do without the possible damage to my car for just 15HP @ the top end. (over a tuned 5.0)

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
For which reason? I've yet to see a boss manifold car at the track gain anything :(

You just answered my reason. That and the bottle goes on, don't really want to have to rev the car to high hell and spray.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
That's what I figured; I'm glad I held off on the initial urge to purchase them when they hit the market (granted they were a bit cheaper at that time). Too much torque loss for my current setup however I imagine that certain combinations will benefit from it.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
That's what I figured; I'm glad I held off on the initial urge to purchase them when they hit the market (granted they were a bit cheaper at that time). Too much torque loss for my current setup however I imagine that certain combinations will benefit from it.

-Centri blowers
-High exhaust duration camshafts setups

and now I'm hearing nitrous setups are gaining 15% over their rated shots with it... but we shall see.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
For which reason? I've yet to see a boss manifold car at the track gain anything :(

I gained quite a bit, 3 tenths and 4 MPH and that doesn't include the DA correction which looks more like .7 tenths and 7 MPH. Granted I also swapped in shorty headers (some say those are worth nothing which I have data to say otherwise), rear suspension mods, alum. drive shaft, Barton shifter, tune adjustment, and aftermarket clutch/flywheel between runs . I think the Boss intake is worth a couple of tenths at least.

It requires supporting mods to run such as an aftermarket clutch, sticky tires, gear, and the ability to drop the clutch at 6K RPM. There is another car that we go the track with that has installed who picked up over the stock intake as well. He is running a 4.10 gear and LT BBK's. Everything else minus the clutch and driveshaft is the same as what I am running.

It will work but requires having the supporting mods to get there. :thumb:

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
It just did not like me.

I think you were having a traction issue. If you can, have a friend go along and film the launch. Something like:

I do like your current direction however and think you will be happy with the results. ;)

Nitro Dave

forum member
Reaction score
An easy way to see if there was traction issues would be to compare 60ft times before and after.

Dave

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
My times were identical until the 1/8 mi. Still the same 1.6-1.7 60'

So, same 60', much better DA, lost a 1/10th.

Manifold came off, bottle goes on. Skip 11's, cya in the 10's :D

another noteworthy additions are Koni STR.T's and Ford K Springs

Last edited:

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
My car with a 3600 converter, tune, 4.10's, LT's and off road x pipe picked up .10 and almost 2 mph with the Boss intake on same day, back to back runs. Both runs utilized a tune for it's respective combination.

With the stock converter (and the rest of my bolt on's) the Boss intake was almost .2 slower.

In an auto car deep gears and a converter are a must.

Nitro Dave

forum member
Reaction score
My times were identical until the 1/8 mi. Still the same 1.6-1.7 60'

So, same 60', much better DA, lost a 1/10th.

Manifold came off, bottle goes on. Skip 11's, cya in the 10's :D

another noteworthy additions are Koni STR.T's and Ford K Springs

The bottle is the best mod..:beer:

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
Good info Dodgetony, I now have a boss intake, o/r X, Steeda CAI, 4.10s. I think torque converter will be my next mod. 3600 stall working well? I have heard other people report a .2 gain in the 1/4 off of the boss intake with n2o, .1 with bolt ons only. How high were you revving it Seer?

Last edited:

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
So I have a a boss manifold sitting in my living room floor, my car has 3.55 gears and stock clutch, will have jlt intake, axlebacks and nitrous

is the boss gonna be worth the install?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
So I have a a boss manifold sitting in my living room floor, my car has 3.55 gears and stock clutch, will have jlt intake, axlebacks and nitrous

is the boss gonna be worth the install?

Need more gear. 3.73 minimum IMO.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back