Install of the Boss 302 intake manifold!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So I have a a boss manifold sitting in my living room floor, my car has 3.55 gears and stock clutch, will have jlt intake, axlebacks and nitrous

is the boss gonna be worth the install?

3.73 minimum, 3.90 is optimal.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Good info Dodgetony, I now have a boss intake, o/r X, Steeda CAI, 4.10s. I think torque converter will be my next mod. 3600 stall working well? I have heard other people report a .2 gain in the 1/4 off of the boss intake with n2o, .1 with bolt ons only. How high were you revving it Seer?

My converter is great. Driving around it is not noticeable. At the track holding the rpms at 1500 it flashes to 3600 on the nose. Cirlce D said it is a 3400~3600.

I am planning on n2o soon. Waiting on my turn at the chassis shop for a roll bar.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Good info Dodgetony, I now have a boss intake, o/r X, Steeda CAI, 4.10s. I think torque converter will be my next mod. 3600 stall working well? I have heard other people report a .2 gain in the 1/4 off of the boss intake with n2o, .1 with bolt ons only. How high were you revving it Seer?

7500, my limiter was just a hair above it, so I had to be careful and even hit it on a few passes.

I lost .1 in better DA.

My converter is great. Driving around it is not noticeable. At the track holding the rpms at 1500 it flashes to 3600 on the nose. Cirlce D said it is a 3400~3600.

I am planning on n2o soon. Waiting on my turn at the chassis shop for a roll bar.

damn automatics :(

2011Katy5.0

Reaction score
I have mine in my garage and am installing this weekend so I will keep everyone posted on what I find out. I am taking it to the track on the 17th for a Westside Mustang race event, so I should know my difference as well as a dyno day in the future, so I can report back the before and after to show apples to apples.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I have mine in my garage and am installing this weekend so I will keep everyone posted on what I find out. I am taking it to the track on the 17th for a Westside Mustang race event, so I should know my difference as well as a dyno day in the future, so I can report back the before and after to show apples to apples.

as a tip, make sure that all of the harnesses behind the heads are secured before installing the boss manifold. You don't want to accidently pull any loose and throw a code.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back