Installing a paxton novi 2200.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up a used Paxton kit today.

I'm planning on using 47lb injectors for a while. Car is a 2011 auto with offroad x and a tune currently.

Will 47lb injectors get me to 550rwhp on 93 with no bap? The kit came with a JLT but will I be over 550 with the 3.8 and the jlt? I'd really like to keep it to around 550 since its my DD.

I've seen a few in this thread running 47lbers still but they all seemed to have baps too.

Last edited:

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Why no BAP?

I wouldn't suggest it especially since they are so damn cheap to get.

I thought the 47# will be the weak point before the fuel pump needed a bap?

Would I need one at 550rwhp?

I'm trying to get this going with minimal cash but if its needed I can.

Last edited:

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
So I just pulled the hu out of the box and it's leaking oil everywhere. Is this normal? It was sitting pulley down in he box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 38

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
It's leaking from the right brass fitting in this pic when it's turned over or laid down. Is that bad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 26

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
It's leaking from the right brass fitting in this pic when it's turned over or laid down. Is that bad?

No. Looks like whoever sold it to you forgot to put the shipping plug in. Just check and fill it after you install and you'll be fine.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score

I'm planning on using 47lb injectors for a while. Car is a 2011 auto with offroad x and a tune currently.

Will 47lb injectors get me to 550rwhp on 93 with no bap? The kit came with a JLT but will I be over 550 with the 3.8 and the jlt? I'd really like to keep it to around 550 since its my DD.

I've seen a few in this thread running 47lbers still but they all seemed to have baps too.

You should be fine at 550 with that set up but if it were me I'd add a boost a pump just for the piece of mind

onebadgsx

Reaction score

47lbs injectors are fine with out a bap since the 47lbs injectors will be your weak link. I would run stock airbox and stock pulley. If not you more than likely will max those injectors

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
47lbs injectors are fine with out a bap since the 47lbs injectors will be your weak link. I would run stock airbox and stock pulley. If not you more than likely will max those injectors

That's what I was thinking. Thanks!

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but this is my first supercharger. I need to swap the pulleys(previous owner had 3.6 on it and I'm going back to the 3.8 for now). What is the best way to do this? The blower is not on the car yet.

Do I just pop off the cap in front of the pulley and there is a bolt inside I hit with an impact?

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but this is my first supercharger. I need to swap the pulleys(previous owner had 3.6 on it and I'm going back to the 3.8 for now). What is the best way to do this? The blower is not on the car yet.

Do I just pop off the cap in front of the pulley and there is a bolt inside I hit with an impact?

Yeah. It will be easier to break the bolt loose/torque the new pulley with it on the car. The tension of the belt will act as a backup. Just make sure you only have the belt on at those times, though.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. It will be easier to break the bolt loose/torque the new pulley with it on the car. The tension of the belt will act as a backup. Just make sure you only have the belt on at those times, though.

I don't have an impact, was going to take it to a friends, so I can't do it with it on the car. Will it still work out of the car?

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have an impact, was going to take it to a friends, so I can't do it with it on the car. Will it still work out of the car?

Depends. I was able to swap my pulley before I installed my HU using an impact, but I know some, gizmo5 for example, even had trouble breaking the bolt loose with an impact AND the tension of the belt.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back