Installing a paxton novi 2200.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can purchase another dipstick? I emailed paxton but they never responded :(

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Yeah, I was somewhat in a bind when I had my little overfill accident away from the house and the tool I had wasn't exact so I stripped it a bit. Guess thats part of being in a bind though hah

stretch

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was somewhat in a bind when I had my little overfill accident away from the house and the tool I had wasn't exact so I stripped it a bit. Guess thats part of being in a bind though hah
u need a swiss army knife.

chon

Must install Paxton soon!
Reaction score
Got a question/issue here on my install.

I am installing a Boss Intake along with the car. I am also doing the Boss 302 PCV Delete kit. Being that my car is auto, there is that additional quick connect hose that goes to the factory intake tube. Gonna borrow Trouser's pic he posted on a previous post:

zyze9aje.jpg

I understand from another post that you can convert it to a manual-style setup which doesn't have the additional fitting? Anyone have a part #or information on how to tackle this? I don't want to hack up my braided hoses on my PCV delete to do the TEE fitting that the Paxton instructions tell you to do.

chon

Reaction score
Found a thread on how to convert it to manual setup with one way check valve.

Last night I mounted IC and finished hot side, along with changing up the brake booster hoses. Getting there slowly! Hopefully finish up tonight. That fan was pretty fun to get back in.

chon

Reaction score
All in all, it was easy. The fan took some finessing to get it in, and the tranny lines for the automatic were a bitch due to having limited space to work with. I lost a cup or so of fluid so I'll need to add some. The rest of the install is just nuts and bolts haha, so pretty damn easy. My bracket assembly was pre-assembled correctly too. GET the t-bolts though, it would suck to do the worm gear clamps and re-do them later. and invest in a stepless clamp tool, those clamps really squeeze the shit out of the hoses. I got no leaks at all on the first start.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
All in all, it was easy. The fan took some finessing to get it in, and the tranny lines for the automatic were a bitch due to having limited space to work with. I lost a cup or so of fluid so I'll need to add some. The rest of the install is just nuts and bolts haha, so pretty damn easy. My bracket assembly was pre-assembled correctly too. GET the t-bolts though, it would suck to do the worm gear clamps and re-do them later. and invest in a stepless clamp tool, those clamps really squeeze the shit out of the hoses. I got no leaks at all on the first start.

The under the hood shot definitely looks like a cleaner install with the T-bolt clamps! What's the "stepless clamp tool?"

chon

Reaction score
Thanks trev.

Paxton 2200SL
Vortech BAP
ID1000 Injectors
Boss Intake Manifold
Vortech/Paxton Air Intake Upgrade
NGK 6510 Spark Plugs
TiAL BOV
Boss 302S PCV Breather setup

chon

Reaction score
Having Jon Lund tune it. gonna send him the first set of logs monday. Sticking with stock pulley and having him do a safe DD tune. Will do a motor before I decide to pulley down.

trevnut

Reaction score
Gonna stick it on a dyno when tune is done? Curious to see how the texas weather affects the numbers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back