Intake air temperature pid's

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A little help needed here.

I'm setting up a datalog/gauge file for my sct x4. I have four functions that I intend to monitor:

engine coolant temp
air intake temp
measured afr bank1
measured afr bank2

the question is: there are several ait pid's that can be monitored. Which one should I be looking at? it seems one is merely ambient, and another that I'm currently monitoring is air intake temp f2. Is this measured in the manifold?

btw it's a roush supercharged 5.0 f150.

intake temps that i'm monitoring stay around 125 degrees, and fluctuate only slightly. the other that I've monitored fluctuates wildly, from ambient to +20 to 30 degrees, and then returns quickly to ambient when the vehicle is moving.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
The ACT (iat ) intake air temp is the pid and you want .the 1 your monitoring and the temp is about normal , it should go down as the car is moving i would think .
As for the rest i am confused on your questions,
you do want to just monitor tha AFR , what is AFR reading ?
are you data logging or just monitoring?

Last edited:

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The ACT (iat ) intake air temp is the pid and you want .the 1 your monitoring and the temp is about normal , it should go down as the car is moving i would think .
As for the rest i am confused on your questions,
you do want to just monitor tha AFR , what is AFR reading ?
are you data logging or just monitoring?

well this is just about using the x4 as a gauge pod is all. there are several iat pid's that can be monitored, so I wanted to make sure i'm monitoring the one that is effected by boost.

afr= air fuel ratio. it's displayed in lambda on this device. take lambda and multiply it by stoich or 14.68 to reveal air fuel ratio as we are accustomed to seeing it.

lambda or .81 x 14.68 = 11.8 to 1 air fuel ratio

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back