Intake Manifolds: FRPP and C&L

a-train

Reaction score
Car: 2006 Mustang GT with 5 speed manual

Question: Given the car is an NA build, at what point would you recommend the customer installing an intake manifold. Either the FRPP or C&L.

I'm thinking the proper path for NA bolt on builds is the following: CAI/tune - Full exhaust (including long tubes) - Detroit Rocker Cams

I've read where these items may not be the best idea for NA cars - but really shine in cars with centrifugal SCs. What if you get your heads ported and polished. If you did port/polish your heads....wouldn't you want to go with a more agreessive cam that requires springs.

Just looking to do a complete NA build. Would love to be able to compete with a bone stock 5.0.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Car: 2006 Mustang GT with 5 speed manual

Question: Given the car is an NA build, at what point would you recommend the customer installing an intake manifold. Either the FRPP or C&L.

I'm thinking the proper path for NA bolt on builds is the following: CAI/tune - Full exhaust (including long tubes) - Detroit Rocker Cams

I've read where these items may not be the best idea for NA cars - but really shine in cars with centrifugal SCs. What if you get your heads ported and polished. If you did port/polish your heads....wouldn't you want to go with a more agreessive cam that requires springs.

Just looking to do a complete NA build. Would love to be able to compete with a bone stock 5.0.

Hi thanks for the post! Basically the manifold is the about the last part we add after all of the other bolt on parts are on the car. Headers, pulleys, cai, tune, cams, etc... The FRPP intake manifold is a high RPM manifold and on a really good NA build I prefer to use a more aggressive camshaft than an NSR cam, especially when forking out the cash for ported heads. The Detroit Rockers cams are awesome and make great power NA on stock head stock manifold cars, and will work with ported heads and a manifold. BUT if you are spending money on ported heads and a manifold and you do not have cams yet go with something a bit larger that will take advantage of all the added airflow. If you are looking for a quote on a build please email [email protected] THANKS!!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back