Irwindale 5/3/07...

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone going? I would like to meet some of you guys and get some tips. This is going to be my fifth time at a strip with this car and my first since the LCA's, anti-squats, and M/T et streets were installed. So I'm still pretty new at drag racing. Hope to see some of you there.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always go. I will be there at 400 pm I drive a grey 06 with silver stripes. Adam was there last thurs maybe he will come again??? Adam you out there. He brought his nice Cal Special and his wife's S197. Maybe John will bring his out. PM me if you want to meet up.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's a good possibility I'll be there. I will be at Perris for sure this friday and if I get the car dialed in time, I will be at Irwindale this thursday as well. Either way, I will be Irwindale next thursday for sure!:clap:

Try to come down to ST Motorsports dyno day and you will get to meet a lot of Ca. guys. Should be a dozen or so of us there this time.

Mark

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always go. I will be there at 400 pm I drive a grey 06 with silver stripes. Adam was there last thurs maybe he will come again??? Adam you out there. He brought his nice Cal Special and his wife's S197. Maybe John will bring his out. PM me if you want to meet up.
I'm gonna get there at 4:00, also. I'll be looking for you.

It's a good possibility I'll be there. I will be at Perris for sure this friday and if I get the car dialed in time, I will be at Irwindale this thursday as well. Either way, I will be Irwindale next thursday for sure!:clap:

Try to come down to ST Motorsports dyno day and you will get to meet a lot of Ca. guys. Should be a dozen or so of us there this time.

Mark

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537

I'm gonna try to make it. Unless I get stuck at work, I'll be there.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

But he said he wanted tips from guys who actually know how to drag their cars...:poke: :popcorn:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I definitely need to get up to Irwindale someday. But, dayum that's a long drive on a weeknight. :tdown: Plus, it ain't happening until I'm "cage legal". Way too much hassle to get one run and then the boot.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They will boot you for sure if you break 7.20 - they don't sweat it till there but have cracked down now on >7.20

Besides, it is a kick ass track but it's getting like fontanna now. Lucky to get 3-4 runs all night. Getting worse and worse as the weather is getting better. It's the only 'real' track in LA anymore so it's ridiculously crowded now. So many outlaw guys are showing up and they of course cater to them so street cars don't get a lot of runs in anymore.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Lucky to get 3-4 runs all night.

:wtf: Well that's :bs: . I get pissed off if I don't get at least a dozen. Last weekend at Barona, we got 17 on Saturday and 21 on Sunday, and we could have had more. Plus, that was on a Summit Series weekend, too!

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They will boot you for sure if you break 7.20 - they don't sweat it till there but have cracked down now on >7.20

Besides, it is a kick ass track but it's getting like fontanna now. Lucky to get 3-4 runs all night. Getting worse and worse as the weather is getting better. It's the only 'real' track in LA anymore so it's ridiculously crowded now. So many outlaw guys are showing up and they of course cater to them so street cars don't get a lot of runs in anymore.

What he said that sucks. Earilier in the year when it was cold you could get 10 runs not now. But it is a nice track seems faster than any other track. Hey Don put your other pulley on and a roll bar and here come the 6.s. :rock:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try Cageworks in San Bernardino. They did a kick ass job on mine in 3 days.

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
I am setting something up with Fast Intentions in the valley. I asked him if 5 cars go is there a group buy :victory:I saw a Shelby with a cage they did today... looked great.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am going tomorrow to Irwindale to put some more passes on the car---eventhough I need to replace my converter with a PI unit. My more aggressive tune and converter won't be ready until the next Thursday May 10th.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am going tomorrow to Irwindale to put some more passes on the car---eventhough I need to replace my converter with a PI unit. My more aggressive tune and converter won't be ready until the next Thursday May 10th.

I'm not going today but will be there for sure next week (10th):rock:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, back from the track---ran a 7.49 @ 94.26 mph with get this---only a 1.844 60'. When I get my PI 3500 converter--I am going to be putting down easy 7.20's. May 10th! Be there!

John's turbo car went a 6.96 btw......

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Didn't see you there. Did see Greg from RET.

I was only able to run 4 times. Three I got on tape. I'll post those when I get time. And only got two time slips. I was very disappointed in my runs. I was expecting to do a lot better, with the E/T streets and LCA's w/ anti-squats. These times weren't any better than when I ran on stock tires, with stock gears, stock LCA's. I think I have to work on my 60'. What do you guys think. Think I need practice?

Run #1: Ran the tires at 16.5 psi, and spun. Launched at about 4500.
R/T - .718
60' - 1.988
330 - 5.767
1/8 - 8.881
MPH - 80.41

Run #2: Ran the tires at 15 PSI and hooked a lot better. Launched between 4500 and 5000.
R/T - 1.001
60' - 1.972
330 - 5.622
1/8 - 8.606
MPH - 83.34

Run #3 - no slip. I'll have to check the camera, but I believe it was in the 8.7 range.

Run #4 - might as well not have happened. No slip, no video. Heard a loud clunk from the rear end when I launched. I have no idea what it is, but it has me a little worried. I have to get under the car today to see if anything is loose.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, where are you at in LA?

Anyway, what catches my eye is the mph difference between runs#1 and #2, eventhough the 60' is bascially the same. Was the 3 mph difference just the shifting?

Could you list exactly what are your rear suspension mods? And tell me how much is your car lowered. What angle are your LCA's vs the ground? Have you gone with a adjustable UCA yet so you can change the pinon angle?

As far as the clunk, make sure the front bolts on the LCA's did not loosen any.

The track seemed to be hooking good for most, so I don't think it was the track prep.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back