IRWINDALE on thurs

S

SMOKINACES

2 weeks ago at Irwindale i ran 9.3, 60ft 2.327, at 77 mph. terrible i know. I didnt have a clue for a good launch. Now I get 3500 rpm and feather it out. Do I drop the tire pressure down to 25 psi? Bone stock gt with 5 spd and 3.31 gears. I feel she should do at least 9. Any advice is welcomed.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Welcome to S197forum. Since your stock and going to the track. Drag tires will help (be careful with stock tires - fishtailing). I never got under 9.2 when my car was stock. Mod suggestions to start with, a blower, gears, CAI, a good tune and drag tires.

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
I would say start out with some tires :rock: Once you get the hang of it move on to some power mods.

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I was going on stock tires I would launch at 3500. Don't feather it, just drop the clutch. Also, definitely take some air out of the tires.

If I was to start all over. My first mod would be tires. Then straight to a power adder. My mistake is trying to stay n/a.

S

SMOKINACES

Yea you guys are right. I have my buddies G tech unit and cant get better than 2.3 60ft times. let alone any better than 9.3 at 1/8. I just can't stay away from the track. It's so much fun meeting people, telling lies and watching what the enemy is running. When I had my 04 Cobra, I went with M/T E T street tires. The best I ever owned. I could launch at 4000 and dump it. I dont think M/t makes our size tire yet. I'm willing to buy 2 rims just for the rear so I can mount them. What do you guys run?

S

SMOKINACES

Yea baby, thats what I'm talkin about. thnxs. what psi you run them at the track? To the guys that race with stock tires, you guys are hero's. I cant do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SMOKINACES

Well thurs did not turn out well. I ran 3 runs all terrible at 9.7. Could not duplicate my 9.3. So now I'm going to get some DR's. I cant choose between the M/T E.T. streets or the E.T. street radials.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back