Is it possible to give an s197 this stance

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
im thinking shelby gt front end with the agent 47 brake ducts
Steeda has them now for GT bumpers, and get a lip then ur set.
damn ... why did I have to open this thread lol
Cuzz we r spending more money. Now I have S-Techs, adj panhard bar, upper strut mount CC plate, and new shocks/struts on order because of this thread... LOL

-CRUISER-

Windveil GT
Reaction score
You can c notch the back above the axle. To even see if it will get to the hight you want. Pull the springs out set the jack down. Next step break out the sawzaw. Truck guys do that stance every day. My DD ranger tucked lug nuts, and rode good. It as not a drag truck but it did drag a throw sparks. Any thing is possible with the right fab work. Maybe fab a 03 cobra rear end in the car.

Agreed !!! For the old guy's that don't like the Euro/Slammed/Canned Pro

Touring look
your rides look:gay: IMO !!! Stock height sucks !!!

For the O.P. Adj. Coil-over and Adj. Struts will get you the look your hopefully looking for !!!
89274a18663bdd766.jpg

This guy is a member on here ask him what he did for this stance !!!
ESP v6 is him user name. !!! If this ain't low enough start talking to the Air-Suspension clubs in your hood and they'll tell you all the mods you have to do to get lower !! Baby tubs,C-Notch, raised tranny tunnel, re-worked rear suspension. You don't have to go airbags you can just relocate the springs/coil-overs but honestly the adjustable height would be be worth the extra weight sitting that low cause cruising low is wicked but being able to lift up for speed bumps will put a smile on your face every time !!!

Well just my :2cents:

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Agreed !!! For the old guy's that don't like the Euro/Slammed/Canned Pro

Touring look
your rides look:gay: IMO !!! Stock height sucks !!!

For the O.P. Adj. Coil-over and Adj. Struts will get you the look your hopefully looking for !!!
89274a18663bdd766.jpg

This guy is a member on here ask him what he did for this stance !!!
ESP v6 is him user name. !!! If this ain't low enough start talking to the Air-Suspension clubs in your hood and they'll tell you all the mods you have to do to get lower !! Baby tubs,C-Notch, raised tranny tunnel, re-worked rear suspension. You don't have to go airbags you can just relocate the springs/coil-overs but honestly the adjustable height would be be worth the extra weight sitting that low cause cruising low is wicked but being able to lift up for speed bumps will put a smile on your face every time !!!

Well just my :2cents:

DUDE, you re on a mustang forum. why would you hate guys with stock or not slammed cars. everyone has their own opinion of how a car should look, and thats why were here modding our cars. i've talked to some pretty cool people who have sick cars that are barely lowered. i've had my fair share of arguments based on what a mustang's stance should be, but don't insult another enthusiasts car, especially if you are part of the minority here. you're giving me a bad name by calling people out and also enjoying the "flush look"

also.

esp v6 is not as low as me! he only has a 2.5 inch drop, where i have a 3 inch drop.

his fitment is not even close to perfect. i complimented him on his ride hight, because he is close. close is not good enough. i like his car, but just wait a week. ill have some new pics, but for now you can see my car one more time (just because i love showing it...

4330703719_9afce613dc_b.jpg

4330700971_5af6bb58cb_b.jpg

4331406414_2bda642e46_b.jpg

and excuse the fitment. the new rims go on early next week with my brembos.

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only time my car would be that slammed is when I mini tub the rear and slam it on coil overs but with lots of suspension travel same with the front. Other then that I wouldn't do it lol... more of a import thing man

-CRUISER-

Windveil GT
Reaction score
DUDE, you re on a mustang forum. why would you hate guys with stock or not slammed cars. everyone has their own opinion of how a car should look, and thats why were here modding our cars. i've talked to some pretty cool people who have sick cars that are barely lowered. i've had my fair share of arguments based on what a mustang's stance should be, but don't insult another enthusiasts car, especially if you are part of the minority here. you're giving me a bad name by calling people out and also enjoying the "flush look"

I'll admit my word's were a bit harsh ! My Comment's are not directed at ALL Stock height mustang owners ! I agree most are pretty cool and helpful ! Im definitely not trying to offend them all !

My remarks are towards the guys who not only disagree with the look BUT feel the need to call it "rice" ! Saying that look belongs on a Honda ( Thats look started in Europe jack ass!! ) and how there's something wrong with not being able to go Mach 1 over speed bumps ! Etc Etc I know it doesn't make me any better than them, two wrongs don't make a right and Im just as ignorant as they are yada yada yada but it felt good to stand up for the look you and I both enjoy so much ! Although I highly doubt anyone associated you with me. And I did say IMO !

I've been told on here Eibach Sportines are too low and it's not functional. I'm just getting tired of people thinking anything over an 1" drop is too low ! I've only had my GT for 2 weeks now and sportlines are goin in as soon as the snow clear's ! Wish it was a few years later to show the O.P. how to get that look for his car ! When mines not my winter/summer DD i'll really go to town on the suspension and get that shit right slammed !

BTW your pics are awesome ! Looks like we both roll with the same type's of cars LoL I'll post pics in the Summer when us Northern Folk get the winter tires off and can take some pics of the group I roll around with and there slammed rides !!

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
I'll admit my word's were a bit harsh ! My Comment's are not directed at ALL Stock height mustang owners ! I agree most are pretty cool and helpful ! Im definitely not trying to offend them all !

My remarks are towards the guys who not only disagree with the look BUT feel the need to call it "rice" ! Saying that look belongs on a Honda ( Thats look started in Europe jack ass!! ) and how there's something wrong with not being able to go Mach 1 over speed bumps ! Etc Etc I know it doesn't make me any better than them, two wrongs don't make a right and Im just as ignorant as they are yada yada yada but it felt good to stand up for the look you and I both enjoy so much ! Although I highly doubt anyone associated you with me. And I did say IMO !

I've been told on here Eibach Sportines are too low and it's not functional. I'm just getting tired of people thinking anything over an 1" drop is too low ! I've only had my GT for 2 weeks now and sportlines are goin in as soon as the snow clear's ! Wish it was a few years later to show the O.P. how to get that look for his car ! When mines not my winter/summer DD i'll really go to town on the suspension and get that shit right slammed !

BTW your pics are awesome ! Looks like we both roll with the same type's of cars LoL I'll post pics in the Summer when us Northern Folk get the winter tires off and can take some pics of the group I roll around with and there slammed rides !!

much better :highfive:

3 inch drop FTW!

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I know a guy that has a red GT thats been in all the fast ford magazines and such . He has that look but he payed like 5k for Bags , that was the only way he got what he was looking for but kept it a 700hp DD lol

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
I ment you, might as well add the good ol'e fart can mufler. But I guess thats what makes these cars so good. You can do what ever ya want with them. To each his own. I'll keep mine the way it is and like it.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
I ment you, might as well add the good ol'e fart can mufler. But I guess thats what makes these cars so good. You can do what ever ya want with them. To each his own. I'll keep mine the way it is and like it.

thats a useless mod.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
it always seems that stance threads always turn into pissing matches. it gets old. id like go an inch lower, but i do plan on draggin my car so i need a little travel for weight transfer, and also to fit a DR out back.

alex's car looks perfect imho, great mix of american/euro style.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you get up in the morning and say to yourself, "Damn, I love this car." That's all that matters! Keep it up!

-Mike

I say that every morning! It helps make my day less shittier!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back