Is this a normal exhaust gap?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I cannot get this side to stop leaking. I found the source of my big leak, the dealership left the big clamps loose on both sides. The ones with two bolts. I fixed that, straightened up my tip (that I hope stays.....again), and tightened it all back up. I cannot get this side to seal. Is that a normal gap between the pipes?

vdzptw.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
when the magnaflow tru-x went in my other car they used aluminum foil to seal the flanges.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It held until i returned the car to stock. You may want to just loosen the clamp at the ota pipes and readjust it all.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score

Last time I tried some of the high heat Mega Copper and it held for quite a while, but it makes a huge mess.

It held until i returned the car to stock. You may want to just loosen the clamp at the ota pipes and readjust it all.

I've done this a billion times. I feel like I should just make a bed under the damn car. LOL. I'll try a couple layers of foil. I had tried the muffler tape before but it didn't last long close to the cats like that.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you tried getting that one lined up and tightened before doing the ota clamp?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Have you tried getting that one lined up and tightened before doing the ota clamp?

I have. When I do that my right side tip ends up looking like a limp dick....all hanging down low and off to the side. ROFLMAO. I think I'll give a few wraps of foil a shot. Its thicker than the muffler tape.

Thanks for the help fellas!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, i have a rattle that is driving me crazy. Ive heated and bent everything i can find and still cant get it to stop.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I'm going to, tentatively, call this fixed. The tip is staying straight, the leak is gone (for now) using the foil trick suggested by jewc75. I'm overjoyed right now. Looking forward to cruising without being 100% preoccupied with a crooked exhaust tip.... :D

Back