Jim- Roush TVS update

usafimj

Reaction score
JimIII I got the 3 boxes for the TVS kit. Now just to wait for the tune.

usafimj

Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully before xmas since you guys will be closed for about a week. According to jdm facebook update

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Wish I had mine, although I won't be able to put it to use for some time.

Iz - hope you are safe.

usafimj

Reaction score
Got the tune JimIII. Thanks. Hopefully the crappy weather let's up so that I can install it. If not it'll be on hold til middle of next yr

usafimj

Reaction score
Hey JimIII I finally got the Roush TVS installed and it runs great but only have one problem right now. Not always but sometimes when you start it up it dies automatically. Start it up again and it will idle around 500-650rpms almost wanting to die out. I'll be calling Monday morning and try to get an updated tune.

-Israel

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey JimIII I finally got the Roush TVS installed and it runs great but only have one problem right now. Not always but sometimes when you start it up it dies automatically. Start it up again and it will idle around 500-650rpms almost wanting to die out. I'll be calling Monday morning and try to get an updated tune.

-Israel

Israel,

Definatly give me a call we can get something figured out for you.

JimIII

usafimj

Reaction score
Any update on this Jim. I'm only in the states until Wednesday and leave Thursday morning. I've pm'd you the number where you can reach me at. Thanks

-Israel

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any update on this Jim. I'm only in the states until Wednesday and leave Thursday morning. I've pm'd you the number where you can reach me at. Thanks

-Israel

Israel,

Hey I tried calling last night twice but it went straight to voice mail. Anyway Im going to try hard to get the tune from my father for you but it may take a few more days than you have. If its after Thursday Ill send it to you and also save a copy on my desktop incase you cant check your inbox or it gets lost while your gone or something...

usafimj

Reaction score
I'll be back in the states in Sept for 1 month. I want to put the car on the dyno and see how the tune is and what its putting out. To get the tune tweaked what all do you need from the shop I'll be dynoing at. What info do you need about the dyno if any.

Thanks
- Israel

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be back in the states in Sept for 1 month. I want to put the car on the dyno and see how the tune is and what its putting out. To get the tune tweaked what all do you need from the shop I'll be dynoing at. What info do you need about the dyno if any.

Thanks
- Israel

just call us a few days ahead of time and let us know. This way we can make sure my father will be available then we can go back and forth with the tuning. Usually its going to be a big help if your dyno shop has a datalogging tool other than the SCT device somthing like a snap on scan tool or INOVA datalogging device.

usafimj

Reaction score
Am I going to have to stay on the dyno for awhile or can I just do the 3 pulls then send you the data. Never done something like this

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Am I going to have to stay on the dyno for awhile or can I just do the 3 pulls then send you the data. Never done something like this

You could do that, you dont have to stay the whole time but if you want to check our changes then thats the best way to do it...

usafimj

Reaction score
So do dyno run, send results to you, wait for results, install new tune, then repeat 2 more times. Am I on the right track. How long would this take. As again I am very limited on time

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct...Rinse, wash, repeat ; )

If my fathers around and we plan ahead we can do it right away.

usafimj

Reaction score
Whats the price on remote tuning? If I decide not to do the remote tuning and just do the dyno runs and send the info for a tune update what would the price be on that?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its $210 and we can set up a session where you get it dynoed and we can work back and forth to make it 110%!!

usafimj

Reaction score
Hey Jim got another question ofcourse. The TVS s/c I have has 2 nipples sticking out the back on the passenger side. If not mistaken I believe that those are used on the GT500's and not on our 3v's. Right now they are capped with rubber caps that came on it. What can I use to plug those up permanently?

I've seen other TVS s/c and those nipples are removed and covered up and look like the rest of the s/c. Much cleaner than what mine looks like.

- Israel

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim got another question ofcourse. The TVS s/c I have has 2 nipples sticking out the back on the passenger side. If not mistaken I believe that those are used on the GT500's and not on our 3v's. Right now they are capped with rubber caps that came on it. What can I use to plug those up permanently?

I've seen other TVS s/c and those nipples are removed and covered up and look like the rest of the s/c. Much cleaner than what mine looks like.

- Israel

Yes Roush just made it easier for themselves by doing that this way they only have one casting for the blower head unit instead of two. You can pull them out and use pipe plugs to seal the holes. Or make some use out of them as a nitrous port :beerdrink: lol The rubber caps are fine though, they shouldnt ever come off...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back