KABOOM! Now off to Brenspeed for a B326 stroker!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yes its also offered in SL (self lube) for 05 - 10 models my 2200 is SL Version no oil feed lines required.

Thanks for the info. A ysi blower (almost) in the regular 2200 kit is an outstanding bargain. Changes my whole perception.

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
So, does the 2200 come in the 2200sl kit for 05-10 Mustangs or is it a special upgrade?
If you order a 2200sl kit you will get a 2200 blower. Order the non intercooled 1200 and you will get the 1200 blower.

CFM ratings
Paxton 2200...1450cfm
Paxton 1200/Vortech V3...1150cfm
Vortech YSi...1600cfm
Procharger P1SC...1200cfm
Procharger D1SC...1400cfm
Procharger F-1A...1575cfm

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Novi 2200 is clearly the best FI valu $ out there and you have the option of self lube truly a blower to be respected 9-8 sec capable blower depending on engine mods for a great price i gave 3900 something new for tuner kit with air to air intercooler.
and if you wanted a ysi will bolt in place of the 2200 they use the same bracket and pulley setup simply swap head unit.

Last edited:

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Oops thought u were directing that question to me. Mines a 326 but not a B326 but that's going to depend on if the rest of motor is stock or not heads, cams, exhaust etc. would be cool to see a bone stock 326 vs bone stock 281 deference.

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your beast home and better than ever. I know what you will be doing this weekend..............burning tankfuls of fuel! Woohoo.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
If you want a pd I'd go with a dob manifold and 2.9 Whipple. The whipple can feed your 326 and keep iats down.

A Paxton is the most economical blower. A 1200SL or 2200SL both have the same 1150cfm blower (same as a V3 Vortech). It's limited to 52,000 rpm so keep that in mind. You will have to upgrade to a better blower to have more potential. The YSI series will give you plenty of room to grow.

A Procharger D1 has a 62,000 rpm limit, billet wheel, and moves 1400 cfm. It has about the same potential as the 2000 series Paxton with a higher rpm limit (Edit: I had originally grouped the YSI in with the 2000 series but they are not the same. The YSI is a 1600 cfm blower with a 65,000 rpm limit) but comes with it's own 8 rib drive belt and tensioner. The kit is also already configured as a blow through too. There are several D1 kits in the classifieds for good prices.

A big advantage to a centri with a higher rpm rating is obviously the ability for more boost but also for more boost faster. The D1 has a 4.1 drive ratio vs 3.6 for a 1200 series Paxton. The steeper the drive ratio the faster boost builds. It's possible to configure a centri so that power comes on almost as fast as a pd but with a little more linearity. You can also install a wastegate to control boost while maintaining the fast boost buildup.

19cobra93 had a rotrex for sale, not sure if he still does. It's a nice centri with a 5.7 drive ratio which really builds the boost fast.

You have the right idea, figure out what you really want and only spend the money once. Buy good parts and do it right. You are limiting yourself by only considering something Brenspeed sells or will tune.
You've put some good info out there. Thank you. For right now I'm steering away from PD. Looks like the YSI head unit for the Paxton 2200 kit would fit my needs perfectly. I'm going to research that a little more. I wonder what the price difference is between the YSI and the 2200 head?

Novi 2200 is clearly the best FI valu $ out there and you have the option of self lube truly a blower to be respected 9-8 sec capable blower depending on engine mods for a great price i gave 3900 something new for tuner kit with air to air intercooler.
and if you wanted a ysi will bolt in place of the 2200 they use the same bracket and pulley setup simply swap head unit.
Yeah it's definitely on the top of the list.

What HP does that B326 motor make non supercharged?
If I had to guess...probably about 350 flywheel hp.

Congrats on getting your beast home and better than ever. I know what you will be doing this weekend..............burning tankfuls of fuel! Woohoo.
Oh yeah! As of right now it's getting shipped back this Friday afternoon. I'm glad I'm shipping it. It rained like hell for over 300 miles coming back Monday night. The vert on drag radials would have been grounded from flight that's for sure.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
The Paxton 2200 will have a begter tq curve than the ysi just FYI

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Don't forget about an f1 procharger. You could run 15lbs of boost and hit 700 rwhp with that motor pretty easily on pump gas

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Don't forget about an f1 procharger. You could run 15lbs of boost and hit 700 rwhp with that motor pretty easily on pump gas

This guys GT is impressive.

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang_modified.shtml

Sick numbers but on 100 octane. I'd be happy with lower boost and guesstimating 700 rwhp on 93. Only thing I don't like about the Procharger is the intake. Sure seems like drawing in hot air right above my headers would be an issue.

Are the F1A's air to air or air to water cooled?

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
My car with novi 2200 on 93 octane with meth injection pulls over 800 rwhp on street tune 18 psi Meth is cheep only sprays when in boost on c16 race gas makes 900 rear wheel @ 22psi. The 2200 has a better TQ curve than the YSi for street 2200 is more responsive but still pulls like crazy up top and doesn't stop pulling the Ysi is better in the high rpms so at the track the Ysi will be better if you keep your car at red line throughout the pass but for all around performance street & track paxton novi 2200 FTW!

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
My car with novi 2200 on 93 octane with meth injection pulls over 800 rwhp on street tune 18 psi Meth is cheep only sprays when in boost on c16 race gas makes 900 rear wheel @ 22psi. The 2200 has a better TQ curve than the YSi for street 2200 is more responsive but still pulls like crazy up top and doesn't stop pulling the Ysi is better in the high rpms so at the track the Ysi will be better if you keep your car at red line throughout the pass but for all around performance street & track paxton novi 2200 FTW!

800 rwhp is impressive on 93 although I'd be perfectly content with slightly lower boost and 750 hp. That puts me around 882 at the crank and I really don't want to go more than that at all for my piece of mind. I'm not racing it. Just want a reliable street toy.

What size injectors would I need and what fuel pump to achieve this? Could you do it with FRPP 47lb injectors and a GT500 pump setup with a Boost a Pump? I don't want to get into return style systems. Also what size drive pulley for the head unit would I need?

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
For what your wanting i would do GT500 fuel system with competition GT500 kenne bell boost a pump 20v version and for safety net i would do oem style Ford Racing 80 LB injectors. 47s are too small & 60's are on the line at that power level.

I actually have a new gt500 competition 20v boosta pump still in bubble wrap that i was going to use with my combo.
But i have a history of going all out so decided to go a different direction with fuel system.

They also make a regular 17.5 v version boosta pump get the 20 v it will support more power.

The sc pulley you will need will be determined by what crank pulley you run.
Example stock size, 10% od,15% or 18% over drive crank pulley? The larger the crank pulley the larger the sc pulley you will be able to run to make the power with less belt slip.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
For what your wanting i would do GT500 fuel system with competition GT500 kenne bell boost a pump 20v version and for safety net i would do oem Ford Racing 80 LB injectors. 47s are too small & 60's are on the line at that power level.

I actually have a new gt500 competition 20v boosta pump still in bubble wrap that i was going to use with my combo.
But i have a history of going all out so decided to go a different direction with fuel system.

They also make a regular 17.5 v version boosta pump get the 20 v it will support more power.

The sc pulley you will need will be determined by what crank pulley you run.
Example stock size, 10% od,15% or 18% over drive crank pulley?

That's all good to know. Thank you. It's great you have the same engine as me which really dials me in close to what I need for my power goals.

I'm currently running the stock crank pulley now but you suggested an overdrive to get the boost to come in quicker. That said what combination of a crank overdrive (%) and 2200 head unit pulley do you recommend to run together to achieve that?

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I recommend a 18% thats what i run it will give you more wiggle room and it will spin the 2200 with best response you would just run a larger sc pulley than me.
Also a 15% would work good.
I would go no less than 15% or later you may regret it and find yourself wishing you had the larger one.
Try not to buy anything twice

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I recommend a 18% thats what i run it will give you more wiggle room and it will spin the 2200 with best response you would just run a larger sc pulley than me.
Also a 15% would work.
I would go no less than 15% or later you may regret it and find yourself wishing you had the larger one.
Try not to buy anything twice

Exactly why I'm consulting with you since we have the same engine lol. Thanks for all your suggestions. This gives me enough to think about for a while.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Fyi iv got a 2200 setup in the classfields that has everything your looking for

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
You know I would jump on it in a heartbeat but just don't have the cash. :thud:

That's what I said when he sold his short block. Refer to my build thread to see how long that lasted. Lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back