Kickin' around an idea or two

TheKid

Reaction score
Or 4 .... so i lied haha

Ok, i introduced myself a week or so ago ... still new to the site ... but ive got an 05 gt almost 76k on the clock ... bone stock bought the car in april of last year bought it with 64k and got a hell of a buy at the time (saw several road trips plus daily driving) - owe very little on car now and can pay it off pretty much any time i want. Here's the dilema ... ive kicked around the idea to sell it and buy another mustang.

Idea 1 - Low mileage 03/04 mach 1's seem to be pretty easy to find for a reasonable deal. love the styling, 4v heads, shaker, and fairly rare maybe 4 or 5 i know of in my area vs. the infinite supply of s197 (example on a given day at college i can count 10 on the walk back to my car in the campus parking lots) ... almost bought a comp. orange one a month before 05 but the guy wouldnt budge a dime on the car guess o.b.o wasnt really best offer rather ill take what its listed for.

anyway,

Idea 2 - 03/04 cobra everyone knows the reason here .... t-56, eaton, iron block relatively simple 450-500rwhp with minor bolt on's and tune but a low mileage stock or close to stock cobra will prolly be a nightmare to find let alone one that hasnt been beat to shit .....

Idea 3 - 07 cs/gt i love the look of these plain and simple ... me being tall (6' 4") the s197 is just more comfortable and when an s197 is mod'd just right ... they are simply beautiful rides

Idea 4 - Keep mine just do the basic bolt ons and drive it

i realize im on a s197 dedicated forum but i figure its worth a shot b/c im hoping some can chime in who has had some experience with with one, two, or the few who has done all .... honest opinions appreciated

my car will hardly ever see the drag strip or road coarse ... mostly just street fun on the backroad from time to time ... (me and my stepdad have a bracket car helps get all the drag racing out of the ole system)

The Kid

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
If yours is close to paid for I would personally keep it and get the cs front and rear bumpers if you like them. Atleast by this time you know of any issues with the car if any and who knows what you may be getting into. That's always the chance you take on used cars. Throw a blower or something on your car and call it a day. 76k miles isn't that bad honestly atleast to me. Hell, my 07 isn't too far from that.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know it wasn't a Mach 1, or Cobra, but I do not think I would ever go back so a New Edge stang for my only DD car. I had an 01 Vert for my first car, and it was fun, but the S197 is leaps ahead from that model Mustang. I agree with the above, just stick it out with the current ride, you seem to like it anyways. There's always a built motor and forced induction right around the corner as well to make you extremely happy, for a while...

Reaction score
No way in hell i would go back to an Sn-95...

I have a 94 cobra and when i drive that every once in a while its like night and day compared to my '08...

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i was trying to get a 03-04 cobra before i bought my 05 gt but i couldnt find one in my price range, for being a 6 year old car they have not gone down in value at all and being 21 in college and living on my own I really didnt want to get a 20k car with the payments, but if your almost paid off id stick with what you got and change it up to make it look like a CS, it will be alot cheaper in the long run if thats what your looking for.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want to get an 03-04 cobra so my opinion is pretty biased lol. I wish I never built up my 05 but I have far too much money into my car and don't want to mess with parting it out since that's the only way to get any money out of the car.

TheKid

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Ive weighed the ideas around a lil bit and drove 04 cobra w/minor bolt-ons and 03 mach with every bolt-on ... i love the power but its pretty much come down to my tall self is just not comfortable in em ....

Long story short - the mod bug will be biting soon for the ole redfire red gt

stang7300

Mostly Insane...
Reaction score
I think your right to stick with your current car and add some mods.

The CS is all appearance anyway - the only things I like about the CS are the 2-tone leather seats, exhaust tips and front and rear bumpers...I could care less about the side scoops and hood scoop (even though the hood scoop is a GT appearance deal), and bodyside strips. I'm actually thinking about new wheels.

Oh yeah...I better not forget about the special CS front-only floor mats. :handjob:

To the hardcore CS enthusiasts out there...blasphemy, huh? :omfg:

Good luck with your decision.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back