KonaStangs Build Thread

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
looks good. are you going to tweak your tune for the new maf?

haha you better believe it, probably gonna have to add a good bit of fuel to the mix.

I'm going to start out with around 2% all the way up the band.....then datalog and go from there ;)

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
do you street tune it? im interested to see how much you can crank out.

So far today, i've been street tuning.....I'm about to go out and do some data logging, I had to immediately bump fuel at WOT by 4 to keep from throwing a code.

Once I get the Data log done....I send it to a friend of mine who tunes for a reputable mustang tuning company....then he emails me the tune that I need according to the data log.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Very satisfied with how the car is running!
I ran a stock/exhaust 2v auto tonight and pulled him.....given it was a walk....I'd still call it a win! lol
No honking or anything, wasn't really trying to race but he kept pestering me and I gave in :p
But I'm a bigtime anti-street race kind of guy, so this was a new thing for me :p

Now, it's time to save up for 4.10's :D
I'm kinda debating on whether to get 4.10's and Locking diff in the 7.5....or do 4.30's in an 8.8.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who has personally switched from 4.10's to 4.30's that can tell me the difference if there was one big enough to justify me buying a new rearend?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Hey, sorry about not responding to your question a while back man. Lol...I was scanning through your thread and just saw it....whoops.

Car is looking good.

Just some friendly advice on the choice between 4.10s and 4.30s......If the car is a daily driver I would recommend the 4.10s, they offer great performance and dont sacrifice overall driveability. The 4.30s are an awesome gear as well. But gas mileage and highway cruising will suffer a little....and with rising gas prices, thats definitely something to think about.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry about not responding to your question a while back man. Lol...I was scanning through your thread and just saw it....whoops.

Car is looking good.

Just some friendly advice on the choice between 4.10s and 4.30s......If the car is a daily driver I would recommend the 4.10s, they offer great performance and dont sacrifice overall driveability. The 4.30s are an awesome gear as well. But gas mileage and highway cruising will suffer a little....and with rising gas prices, thats definitely something to think about.

Haha thanks bud and it's no problem :p

I appreciate your insight, I'm probably just going to stick with the 4.10's....but if someone came in and said that the 4.30's are WAAAY better than the 4.10's then I'd be more apt to get them.

Sucks you sold your rear end :(
I just sold a bunch of stuff and have about half of what you were asking for your 8.8 with 4.56's :p

The car feels pretty damn stout now though, I can only imagine how great it'll feel with gears!

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Haha thanks bud and it's no problem :p

I appreciate your insight, I'm probably just going to stick with the 4.10's....but if someone came in and said that the 4.30's are WAAAY better than the 4.10's then I'd be more apt to get them.

Sucks you sold your rear end :(
I just sold a bunch of stuff and have about half of what you were asking for your 8.8 with 4.56's :p

The car feels pretty damn stout now though, I can only imagine how great it'll feel with gears!

Yes, the differential and the ring & pinion went fast. I had them priced very cheap.

The overall difference between the 4.30 and the 4.10 won't be huge....Whats your plans for the car? Strip? or Corner carving?...

The 4.10 will give you more all around performance to enjoy on the street, and the strip, and even a little corner carving as well.

If your plan on making it a drag warrior and are going to stay N/A then the 4.30s are a good option.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
if youre getting away from an auto 2v, id estimate your WHP around 215-220. with pretty close in torque. nice.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Looky what I got for free today :D

ALUMINIUM.jpg

It's just 3" aluminum tube....but it was free...and I figured, why not? lol

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
TUBING.jpg

And mine and my roomate's parts room.....There's another set of wheels in there and some LCA's for an SN-95 in there too :p
Helper springs for C/O's
All sorts of fun stuff :p

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back